What's with the AI?

SuperShouden

(Banned)
SuperShouden
So...I know it's supposed to by dynamic difficulty, but...I don't get the AI and some of the events. Like...in the championships, the second race seems WAY easier for some reason? I mean, the first heat is a qualifying round, right, so if you finish first, shouldn't you race against harder opponents? Seems like they put you in the wrong race after the qualifying round.

And, the AI still tend to go flying off corners and stuff...there's just a lack of consistency to the AI in Forza...and, you'd think it'd make it more exciting...but...it kinda doesn't. It's either really frustrating or kinda...stupid. Heck, some of the AI drivers in GT5 are crazier than the AI in Forza, but they actually make it exciting.

Really, though, there's mainly three drivers you have to watch out for: J. Davis, M. Rossi and P. Muller. People complain about Rossi...but...Davis so far has been the hard one to beat whenever he's in his racing Ford GT. But, I do love how the AI can bounce off a wall and keep driving like nothing happened. If I did that, my car'd be totaled.

I guess I can't really complain as their randomness has won me a few races. (Like Rossi clearing the entire field in a race) But, it's still weird.

Yeah, the AI's screwed. It is more challenging than FM3, but generally more reckless. In some races though, I've noticed they try to race clean, but it is rare.

To really experience the challenge of the AI, go in the Events list, or try Quick Race. World Tour's AI is rather easy.

In GT5, they do race clean.. but they're not quite as challenging as FM4's AI, and feel a bit numb in general.

The AI is pretty much worthless in World Tour. The whole World Tour mode is pretty much worthless. If you stick to the Event List, like Speedster911 said, you'll have a more consistent and challenging experience.

I only have two more World Tour years left, then it's onto the Event List. so, I'll get there eventually. The oddest thing to me is still the fact that it makes the second heat in the Championships easier than the first heat...which makes no sense.

I haven't even tried World Tour yet, I'm working my way through the events by class. Finished F class yesterday, now I'm doing E class events, but still in my F class car where it's eligible, as it's such a hoot to drive.

I was chuffed to beat the D class Mazda at King Of The Mountain in it! :mischievous:

Give it a go Lissa. You might find it rather easy, but it is fun, as it gives you a pre-determined path (kind of), as you get to hand pick certain events along the way.

M. Taylor gives me more trouble than Davis or Muller, especially when he's in the Ford Fusion race car.

I stopped playing World Tour in favour of the Event List after the first season though.

The AI can certainly be challenging, if not downright brutal at times. They've had me running through every swear word I know, and inventing new ones!

Love it! :P

S. Johnanson....that lady can be a bit crazy at times...Once, at the start of a multi-class race, she just veered straight into me for no reason. We weren't even in the same class. I was in my E-class Jeep and she was in a Aston Martin. I just went "WTF was that for?"

Is the damage more consistent in the event list, too? 'Cause it seems pretty random in World Tour. I just just did a championship at Infineon where I bounced off a wall and barely got damaged and then the next heat, I love tap the idiot in front of me and get twice as much damage...how does that work? At race speeds, hitting a wall should ALWAYS do more damage than hitting another car, even if you hit a tire barrier...I mean, if it had been a real race, it would've been a red flag situation 'cause there'd be tires all over the place and my car and it's bits would've been stuck in the racing line...Some times this game......

No you're right. I think the Events List does toughen up things generally.

World Tour is probably just to give you a "general feel" for the game.

Happy Motorin' !

The AI in the event list is moderately better. They still have NO awareness whatsoever. I mean, these guys can barely see what's in front of them, let alone what's beside and behind them. I'm kinda glad there's no mixed class races on the Top Gear Test Track 'cause it'd be mayhem. More mayhem than GT5. It's kinda fun to spin out the leaders just because you know they'll try to get back onto the track and take out the entire field behind them. And that's actually happened to me once, only, I didn't spin anyone. Rossi hit a wall and bounced back onto the track taking out everyone behind me. I barely avoided getting mixed up in it.

I like FM4 AI more then GT5 though.
In GT5 they really 🤬 me off when I plan to overtake them later then they suddenly slow down and I hit their rear bumper every time.

With the A.I moving out of your way when your lapping them, sure its realistic but It gets boring way to easily as I prefer overtaking them myself without them slowing down (I'm also against real racing blue flags :D).

Back