What's with the Cerbera Speed 12?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Intronium
  • 6 comments
  • 951 views
Messages
221
United States
CA
Messages
Cabriolet21
For some reason this thing handles.... not quite like you would expect. Above like 60mph it just refuses to oversteer, even with like 1050hp to the rear wheels... it will just wheelspin but keep going straight, it's absolutely awful to turn.

I am not talking about the extreme wheelspin btw, just the way it acts at higher speeds. It's as if you're steering a damned boat, even when it weighs like ~900kg and has downforce. What gives?
 
It's also good to note that the front wheels don't turn as much as most other cars car is primarily front heavy. With all of the mass in front of the car, when trying to take a turn the front wants to keep going strait, giving it the 'heavy' feel. However, even with maximum downforce in the front and minimal in the rear it'll still feel heavy in, on and out of corners.

With this kind of car, its greatest strength is is acceleration, top speed and braking. Oh, and a little toe angle tuning goes a long way too.
 
Last edited:
Try all the weight reduction stages + windows + carbon hood then put ballast all the way to the rear. I remember it used to be the drift king online in the gt5 boards.
 
So I presume this is your first GT game? :sly:

The Speed 12 has always been that way. It's a matter of fine tuning your driving and the car to make it behave.

Haha actually no. I've played GT since 4. And I remember it would oversteer at speed in the previous games? not just power on through as if it were 4wd.
 
Th
For some reason this thing handles.... not quite like you would expect. Above like 60mph it just refuses to oversteer, even with like 1050hp to the rear wheels... it will just wheelspin but keep going straight, it's absolutely awful to turn.

I am not talking about the extreme wheelspin btw, just the way it acts at higher speeds. It's as if you're steering a damned boat, even when it weighs like ~900kg and has downforce. What gives?
The more downforce you have the more it won't turn. Remove the racing spoiler if installed and lower the downforce
 
The Speed 12 has always been a favorite of mine and too me in GT6 it seems a little tame. I have been driving it stock for the most part with no problems. I have been surprised by that. I remember the last few games having to really tune it to get it to act like I want it to. Need to test it out on some more tracks.
 
Back