What's wrong?

• Thread starter glock_95
  • 4 comments
Australia
Australia
Hi! Yesterday I found my old PS2 and GT4. I decided to try some races (I had save from career on MC), take 500HP Shelby, and... car accelerates very slowly, like a tank, and rides only to max 150km/h. Of course, I tried my other cars, like 800HP Buick, and the same situation - car is very, very slow. What's wrong? Last time. when I played GT4, I had 8 years, so I forgot many things. All cars are always been slow, or I don't know about something? :)

Hi! Yesterday I found my old PS2 and GT4. I decided to try some races (I had save from career on MC), take 500HP Shelby, and... car accelerates very slowly, like a tank, and rides only to max 150km/h. Of course, I tried my other cars, like 800HP Buick, and the same situation - car is very, very slow. What's wrong? Last time. when I played GT4, I had 8 years, so I forgot many things. All cars are always been slow, or I don't know about something? :)
You're using manual transmission and are forgetting to shift? If using a DS2, something wrong with it?

No, I'm using automatic transmission, car normally reaches 5/6 gear. I don't have original controller DS2, I'm using fake :D Maybe cars are slow because I don't touch car settings?

Look, I found a video from Gran Turismo. He takes Golf with 150HP. Car with 150HP normally ride faster:

Last edited:
No, I'm using automatic transmission, car normally reaches 5/6 gear. I don't have original controller DS2, I'm using fake :D Maybe cars are slow because I don't touch car settings?

I'm guessing you set the gearbox too tall. The car accelerates slowly and it doesn't have enough power to reach the top speed. Trying shortening the gears (larger numbers). Or if you don't understand tuning, just reset to default.

Latest Posts

Back