what's YOUR career story? (hi, i'm new to GTP)

Messages
26
for some odd reason, i dislike buying cars. gran turismo is like pokemon to me, and i just tediously collect every prize car in every non-buyable color they come in.

the first car i started out with in GT3 was the mazda rx-8 which u get by getting all gold in A. i played GT 1 & 2 so i had some experience. the license tests in GT3 are definitely easier than previous ones so getting the all gold in A license wasn't too bad. only one test was a pain in the butt, the one where u drive a camaro on seattle circuit. i had to watch the demonstration alot for that one. i tried so many times i finally got it by fluke...

the only car i've ever bought so far into the game was the Acura Integra Type R. i'm reluctant to drive "one time prize cars", the ones u win in non series races and can only win once, so the integra was very useful to race in FF, stars & stripes, and type R meeting that the rx-8 couldn't. from there, i milked type R meeting to gain the s2000 for roadster races and the NSX type R for MR. i then won the r32 gt-r vspec ii in the beginner GT World Championship for 4WD needs. i've recently won the chevy camaro race car from amateur American Championship and i use it to collect all the different colors cars come in as the camaro is ridiculously nice and makes winning easy. the 30th anniversary camaros from the previous gran turismo's were one of my favorites, and were always the second car i drove after starting out with the MA70 supra gt turbo limited.

to summarize, the only cars i've put miles on, (i only have my A license, haven't tried getting IB yet):

1) Mazda RX-8 (camellia red):
i would say it is the best car to start out with, as the all gold in licenses IB and up would probably take too much effort, and i hate wasting time and money into cars i abandon later. decent car, can get it done in all the B and A license races it can enter.

-->

2) Acura Integra Type R (phoenix yellow? i forget the name but the yellow one):
its a solid car that allowed me to get into the other races the rx-8 couldn't early on in the game, such as FF challenge, stars and stripes, type r meeting, race of turbo sports, etc... decent speed when fully modded and great handling. only one downside, the car doesn't feel smooth when driving. it always rumbles the dual shock controller driving on inclines or uneven surfaces. anyone know how to fix that?

-->

3) Honda S2000 (imola orange pearl):
the most powerful s2000 when maxxed out that you can win from the Type R meeting, (yes even stronger than the mugen or spoon when all 3 are fully modded) and my favorite color of the 3 different colorways you can win. i love the rear wheel drive and is very powerful, 500 some hp for that light car. has a very good power to weight ratio and is alot faster than the fully modded rx-8. i never drive any of my cars with ACS or YACS or TCS or whatever those baloney things are. i love how it just spins tires through turns. very fun to drive, i used it for amateur american championship and beginner GT world championship (i've raced each series probably about 10 times each to get each prize car in each color).

-->

4) Honda NSX Type R (flint black metallic):
the only color the prize car comes in, its a wonderful car. handles very well, and sounds beautiful. used it for MR races and for pure driving pleasure in amateur american championship and beginner gt world championship like my s2000. both are just fun to drive. they drive very smooth.

-->

5) Nissan Skyline GT-R Vspec II R32 (unamed blue):
its the one u can win from beginner GT world championship. it has like 900 hp when fully modded and is ridiculously fast. i used it for the 4wd races, but i don't like to drive it much otherwise. first of all its way too powerful, and goes so fast its hard to turn, u have to brake so much earlier, and lack of downforce elements makes it handle crazily at high speeds. not as fun to drive as s2000 and nsx type r.

-->

6) Chevrolet Camaro Race Car (half red, half white):
like i said earlier, i love camaros, and i love how this race car version looks. i liked how all 4 colors of it looked so i picked the red one to drive, as it is the only one with a black stripe under the red, as the other colored ones (black, blue, green) have a red stripe between the top color and bottom white parts. it has almost 1000 hp, but since it is a race car version, handles, brakes, extremely well. the downforce keeps it stable at high speeds. only thing is that for this car i turn Traction Control to level 1. it is way to powerful with out it, as it spins its tires even in 3rd gear! this is the car i'm driving right now. i just finished using it to collect the other 3 colors of the camaro race car, and every single color of the prize cars in amateur european championship except the mini. the mini had too many colors and i don't feel its worth it.

coming up:
i've pretty much finished everything i can with the A license except the races which have entry limitations such as the light weight, audi tt, silver arrow, altezza, vitz, evolution, beetle, and boxer spirit. i'm prob gonna deck out my lately acquired mini cooper and win the lightweight with it. i tried to beat the beginner lightweight race with the mini stock but it was too hard. =(. can anyone do it? after that i'll finish up the the remaning B, A license races and work on my IB.

man i get so carried away when writing posts. if you skipped over the bulk of what i wrote (you probably did), here are some short questions for thought.

food for thought:

1) anyone else crazy like me and collect prize cars in all colors and only drive prize cars which can be re-won in a series race?

2) aren't license tests a little easier than in GT2 and definitely easier than GT1? anyone else have trouble with the A license camaro/seattle circuit one?

3) anyone else notice how the Acura Integra Type R always rumbles the dual shock controller driving on inclines or uneven surfaces. anyone know how to fix that?

4) does anyone actually use the stability and yaw systems when they race? i feel they are all unnecessary, with the exception of traction control on very powerful cars, (800+ hp cars) which i only use level 1 then anyway.

5) don't you guys love the camaro race car? which is ur favorite, red, black, blue, or green?

6) can you guys beat the beginner vitz race or light weight race with a stock vitz or stock mini cooper respectively? i found it very hard

7) feel free to answer any of these questions, comment on anything else, post ur own life story, or flame me for writing so much. 💡
 
Hi, ac2004, and welcome to GTPlanet.

I started out trying to buy as few cars as possible. When that led me to use the Camaro racecar in the Beginner Stars & Stripes (it was the only eliglible car I owned) I realized that carrying that to extremes was silly for me. After that I didn't mind buying cars too much, though if I have a good, competitive prize car I'll use it whenever possible.

After doing the second half of Beginner and some of Amateur in my well-modded Evo VII RS, I also realized I was missing out on variety and for the rest of the game, I never used any one car for more than one series or enduro.

The vibration in you controller from the Integra R (also one of my favorites) is meant to simulate torque steer in powerful FWD cars. You'll find it in several others when they are built out.

And there's nothing wrong with long posts if they're worth reading!
 
I started out collecting cars too! I love just to have rare cars, even though i never drive them :). Good post time to start a new game 💡
 
I started with the MX-5 Miata and got money for buying a Supra and fully modded it.After that I raced the "Like the Wind" with the Supra and won the 787B, after that I raced the All-Stars in Pro leaque 👍
 
I don't go to nuts with preserving 0mi cars, but I do keep all the one time only cars and prize car only colours.
I collect certain cars I like, too; I have all the NSXs, Imprezas, Lancers, and Skylines. Some of them don't get driven much (like, most of the Lancers).

Camaro[R]: I never noticed that it came in more colours. I won green, which doesn't look too good on it. Now that I know about the others I'll have to go win them.
 
I got every car in the PAL game, only the Honda S200 has a few kms on it, unfortunately i cant sell it.... and i dont want two!

so yes i love collecting 0 mile cars :)

and their all done up as well!
 
well I won green camaro race car and it is absolutely beautiful to me. Second time I won the violet one and it looks good but I miss my green camaro :). I won some nice races with that green camaro....

I also like to preserve cars if possible. not by all means. But some I drove just for a race or two, to break them in and get more power :D
 
haha, i'm relieved to find out i'm not the only OCD nut that plays GT3 =). thx neon_duke for the info on torque steer for high hp FF cars. for the longest time i thought i was just a loser at tuning =P.

as of now, i breezed through the beginner lightweight cup with my decked out mini, then completed both of the evolution meetings with my dandelion yellow EVO VI GSR which i won way back from the beginner World GT Championship.

then i did something challenging. i took my mini (fully modded) into the amateur japanese championship to see how it could compete. it turns out on my 3rd try i actually won the first race and went on to win the entire series. i recommend trying it to anyone, it was very suspenseful/exciting. I then went back to my RX-8 and Acura Integra Type R (1 series in the mini was enough for me =P ) to complete the Amateur Japanese Championship 3 more times to collect the colorways of the Impreza Wagon (blue mica), FTO GP-R (dandelion yellow), and RX-7 RZ (sparkle green and sunburst yellow). I didn't bother getting the dandelion yellow EVOIV as it was the exact same as the one i had just won in the beginner evolution meeting.

keeping to tradition and writing about cars i've driven:

7) Mini Cooper 1.3i (Volcano):
of all the cars i've driven so far, this was the most surprising. fully modded it destroyed the beginner lightweight up. at 178 hp, it was far underpowered for the amateur japanese championship, but its lightness and ability to not need braking for many of the turns kept it competitive. it has great grip on the road, perhaps because its not going that fast? =) who knows, but it was a blast to drive. in the word's of austin powers, "IT'S A MINI!!!".

-->

8) Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR (dandelion yellow):
i've never been a big fan of the evo's, no real reason, just never have since GT2. i didn't like the fact that there were so many of them, and i was too ignorant to take the time to go learn about them. i used this EVO VI GSR only out of necessity to complete the evolution meetings. i must say i was rather dissapointed. i'm sure it can be a great car once tuned, but i have a bias of liking cars that feel great right out of the box. maxxed out, it was one fast car, but it just felt so stiff (note that i always turn off ASM or any of the other confusing technologies like LSD and VCD and YAW). the stiffness was not unlike the r32 i maxxed out, but it seemed even worse. i guess i'm spoiled having driven the s2000, nsx type r, and camaro race car so frequently. also the car was very powerful, and in 2nd gear it always spun the tires when going around corners (i'm sure turning TCS on to level 1 woulda fixed it but i didn't really like the feel of the car to begin with). it appears that it'd make a very nice drifting car. not that i'm into that. i think drifting is nuts! =).

next up, i'm thinking of completing the beginner and amateur audi races with my TT then possibly the vitz and boxer spirit races.

after that, it'll be time for my IB license! haha i'm so late. not only did i get Gran Turismo 3 well after it was greatest hits, i haven't really gotten back into it until this past winter break. i guess the knowledge of GT4 around the corner is what got me interested in racing again.

that said, i dont want to get GT4, i think GT3 still has plenty of fun for me for ages. i've played GT4 at my friends place (he imported the chinese version) and its pretty much the same. no new cars i'm really hyped about other than the new civic type R (i'm the only one i know that actually likes the new EP body style, everyone else thinks its terribly ugly like a mini-minivan) and the 05 ford mustang. perhaps i'll get GT4 3 years down the road when it too becomes greatest hits and i'll be closer to 100% in GT3.

thx for reading again, hasta luego.
 
My carrer huh?
I don't even know that you would want to listen to me but I will still write something out. :lol:

Basically,
I got into GT1 & GT2 as they came out, struggled like hell with them and managed to do well with both (I think my experience from those two was what pulled me through GT3's licenses without too much trouble).

Picking up with GT3 specifically...
I ran and ran as unclean and as cheap as possible. :p

Buying cars wasn't too hard for me.
The miata to start (I think) then an evo, then the vette.
After 1 race series in the amatuers it was onto the Vertigo and from there it was simple.

The key to it all though...
I came to the gtp about 1 month into GT3.
The prize car list was amazingly helpful.

The 787b carried me through the entire game after the Vertigo... (keep in mind that I was still a destruction derby driver for anything that I couldn't win!)

However...
Sometime about 1 month after coming to the gtp I got involved with boombexus.
I suggested to him a racing series that was pretty standard BS touring car.

He suggested the WRS.
I checked it out and ended up running in week 1!

It was a great move.
From there I learned to refine my skills on a new level.
No more trying to unlock and find every car in the game...

Exploration was and still is there for me but my pleasure in the game was found more in free run than anything else.

At that point I had been running the WRS for a while and only had about 70 or 80 percent of the game beat (with about 1 million in the account... My only and first account lol).

Big Event Though!
Der Alta, a super moderator and great guy...
He put some faith into me and literally "sent me an xport and a copy of his game file through the mail."

After that it was all over. :lol:
Never completed the F1 series or a few of the endurance races.

Still though, I had a new game with 999,9??,??? credits and 100%.

Since then I just ran the WRS or any car that suited my taste for a nightly free run tuning.
Did plenty of multi-lap races throughout it all, but always came back to tuning and free run. :D

Now I run the WRS as a moderator and occassionally turn in a good run.
(like my Complex String Reverse run in the Castrol Supra from week 100 👍 )

So...
That's about it. :D
Hope you got something out of reading this but if not, oh well. :sly:

Cya around,
Maybe. :trouble:
 
In GT3, I started with the VW bug. Won the cup and got the Bug RSI... that baby took me pretty far especially having AWD helped. I think collecting cars, especially your favs, is the fun part of the game. Depriving yourself and only using what you win... sounds like punishment!!!

There's no rush to finish the game so I try to enjoy myself and build some sweet-ass cars along the way... booyah! Hey but that's the beauty of the game, you can play it anyway you want, right?
 
Back