What's your GT wheel attached to?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Solscud007
  • 25 comments
  • 850 views
Messages
51
Here are pics of mine. The Sparco Fighter seat is from my Civic. My car is at home, long story, while Im at school but i cant part with my Sparco seat.

My friend gave me his broken floor mat for office chairs. Also my camera mount for my car was jsut sitting here in my Apt also so i decided to use some materials arond the house to make a cockpit for my GT wheel.

Here is my camera mount (yeah kinda poor mans) but i guarantee there is no jiggle (yes it used to jiggle even with steadyshot on my camcorder before this design)

fccc3044.jpg
 

Attachments

  • p2190043.jpg
    p2190043.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 231
:lol: That's a good idea! Having a racing seat there...some people have made "cockpits" for their steering wheel. Looks funky when they do it.
 
mine's attached to a wheeling storage cart...in a closet. maybe someday i'll use it...but i might as well beat the game with the controller first.
 
do a search looking for werner winkels chairs. He's concoted a few nice set-ups, complete with servo controlled gear mechanisms.

AO
 
computer desk,.... though I've recently purchased a used racing kart,... that I plan on chopping up and turning it into a wheel and peddal mount. Should add to the realism and look pretty cool when finished :)
 
:D Great idea Red Eye Racer, post a foto when you get it done!:D
 
I've never used the DS2 because I got the GT Force on the same day as the PS2.

A friend helped me build this frame for the from offcuts of copper pipe
TheSeat.jpg


The table put is a push fit to make storage easier and the seat has been taken from a scrapped Ford Escort. It's still on the sliders and has rake adjustment and folds forwards when not in use.

The main problem is it's too comfortable - that and some of my family believe that it's not ideal living room furniture. :D
 
What is a DS2? Is that the second version of the GT wheel? I hate that thing its stupid. I too have the fitst one. I hate the stupid D-Pad on the wheel of the New version. I rather have the wingman red or the yellow one than the new GT wheel.
 
i wonder if you could wire your massaging chair to your ps2 so it will vibrate when you hit a wall.
 
Mount the whole thing to a motion table like the Back to the Future ride at Disney.....:lol:
 
Originally posted by milefile
Ever heard of a vacuum cleaner? [/QUOTE

haha believe it or not that is clean!!!!! :eek: You don't want to know what my last roommate and his annoying friends have spilt on that carpet. Trust me when i came to the apt the carpet was a dark grey. He left last quarter. And what you see is after carpet cleaning and vacuuming!!!!!
 
er... wheel?
the ds2 fits nicely in my hand.

can any1 recommend a wheel that sits nicely on ones lap?
 
DS2: Dual Shock 2

the standard controller that comes with the PS2
 
Oh ok duh i feel dumb. No what I thought you guys were refering to is the second version of the Logitech GT Force Wheel for GT3.

You know . . . when the first one came out i guess people were too retarted to learn the navigation so Logitech re-tooled it and removed the four buttons from the spokes and added a directional pad at the 10 o'clock position and added teh Square, circle, triangle and X button at the 2 o'clock postion on the wheel. Also the new GT force wheel comes with some kind of lap adapter so you dont need a desk or something liek what I made. :D
 
For best results with the wheel you need it firmly attached to something solid, and the lap things just don't cut it IMO.

I love your Sparco Solscud007- I considered buying one, but Mrs Wastegate was unconvinced that the outlay was a reasonable expense for me.
 
Yeah but the lap attachment is CRAP
yes, it sucks THAT much..
cuz if you use the lap attachment, you can't really get a good grip, and sometimes, the base might wanna go running off with the steering wheel while ur turning
 
oh well, i stick with the ds2 then...
 
Originally posted by Wastegate
... I considered buying one, but Mrs Wastegate was unconvinced that the outlay was a reasonable expense for me.

and the handbrake goes on :p
 
Originally posted by Wastegate
For best results with the wheel you need it firmly attached to something solid, and the lap things just don't cut it IMO.

I love your Sparco Solscud007- I considered buying one, but Mrs Wastegate was unconvinced that the outlay was a reasonable expense for me.

And I doubt Mrs. milefile would want a car seat and some big contraption in her living room. But it does look like fun.
 
Here is a picture of the official Sparco seat and GT wheel platform for GT3.

pod_force.jpg


lpsk01001.jpg


oooohhh so pretty I want them!!!! Total its like 700 dollars minus the wheel
 
700 dollars in what currency? American, Australian, Canadian? :drool:
 
Dollers is american!!!! its about £175 in uk ££££££ pounds
 
Back