What's Your Most interesting GT6 Story?

• Thread starter GT_Saint
  • 11 comments
United States
Kaz's closet
GT_Saint3s
This forum is for people to tell their craziest, most epic GT6 stories all in one place. They can be about single races, online lobbies, anything GT6! Just make sure your story doesn't take a whole page ;)

Looking forward to reading these stories and I hope you do too :D (btw here's my story)

Ok, so I haven't been able to play GT6 for a while now (my ps3 broke :() but I do remember one GT6 story very vividly, so here it goes...

It all started when I was browsing for a clean drifting lobby on a Saturday morning. Then I saw a lobby called "Clean Drifting/Tandems" that was on Willow Springs (I don't know about now but back then the only tracks people drifted on were Tsukuba and Suzuka). When I joined I went into the spectator camera as I did every time I joined a lobby and I was greeted with something pretty surprising to me at the time. There were 4 cars on the track; a Silvia, an 04 m3, an RX7, and a G35 and they were drifting in a very clean tandem. So naturally, as I was excited to get into the action, I hopped in my S2k and went straight to the track. I warmed up for a little bit (keeping my distance from them so that I didn't mess them up while I got my bearings) and then filed in behind them to do a tandem with them. To nobody's surprise I ended up on the side of the road in a cloud of smoke and sand while they continued to hoon their way around the track. So I waited for them again at the line. When they finally got there I filed in again (this time 4th out of 5 cars). We powered ahead and went into the first corner with a perfect drift, after that moment everything else blended as we spent the next 5 hours drifting in tandems, by ourselves, trying out new things, and laughing the whole way through. Needless to say I have never been in a lobby as fun ever since...

Last edited:
I was on Gt6 this morning and there was this kid in the lobby who is 7 years old and actually admitted that he was 7. There were some guys in the lobby that was trolling the kid with some jokes that are normally not aloud to be told on these forums. I can't remember everything from this story that would be appropriate for these forums but I think one of the guys confuse the kid's name with Thomas The Tank Engine.
Yeah Thomas the Tank Engine....
Thomas_Tank_Engine_1.JPG

Gran Turismo: The Real Choo Choo Simulator!
I thought Gran Turismo was about cars, not trains or kiddies stuff.
*Yes I know this was intended to be a joke.*

Last edited:
I wouldn't say it was particularity that interesting but, about 3 days ago I was in a lobby with a few of my friends. We were on SSR7 doing Wangan test runs, then this person who had joined my open lobbys about 4 or 5 times now. (He wasn't good at Highway racing at all. :rolleyes:)

So I said 'Hi ******** how you doing? Improved at all?

He didn't reply to that but oh boy did he after our race...

After absolutely dominating his REA RX7 with my Spirit type-R RX7 (White charisma replica) He said 'I have improved but your still hacking.'

I was pretty much this icon for about 5 minutes ---> :lol:

Then I finally replied with a 'Oh me? A hacker?'

He replied with a 'yeh u definitly a hacker no one ever beats my cars'

:rolleyes: Some people never learn... Then he started bragging on about how drag racing is way more better and requires more skill than highway racing. (Someone will might be annoyed at me saying this but...) I replied with a 'So having the fastest car with 1000HP, driving in a straight line and a stolen tune makes you a better racer? I don't think so.' (Drag racing does require some skill though... maybe. :sly:

Also people If anyone says highway racing is 'Straight line racing'... Nope1.png

Then he started jabbering on and on about how he owns a Ford mustang with over 500hp and goes down the drag stip in under 6 seconds. :lol: After that I kicked him, But It Is one of the most funny moments and interesting storys I have had in my lobbys so far.

Last edited:
I was playing the like the wind series, and i had just crashed. since my gtr nismo hit 300 cuz it was slightly tuned, i caught up easy. i had spun out an opponent, and i looked behind me cuz it was a long straight, and about half the opposition had crashed behind me. i never saw them again. (This was on SSRX). the car i spun was a huayra i think.

Okay so im Racing At Apricot Hill doing the 20 Minute Race In S License And I Had My Cameleon Blue #23 69' Camaro Z28 Race Car which Produced around 590HP and weighed 1035KG , Anways first lap i climbed past The Nismo N24 Schulze Motorsport GTR i Cruise Around The First Turn And i See The SLS AMG GT3 in The outerfeild Grass so that tells me those Audi R8 LMS' Are Up to No good so fast forward to Lap 13 im in 8th Position battling 3 Audi R8 LMS' and this was before all of the updates when the Audi R8 LMS' weighed in a price of 5,000,000 Cr. Im coming around the Turn 5 After The 2nd Loop That leads to a Downhill straight that turns into a hairpin and the Black Audi LMS that has been waiting on me to spin for a while comes up behind me , my Car starts acting up and my tail gets loose and the Audi Provokes My car to spin by tapping my Driver side into a 180 so Im shouting at the TV cussing and screaming because ive been Dropped to about 12th Place , i finish in 9th Place And the replay comes and i come to find out my LSD was forcing My Driverside Drive wheel to spin and kick Rubber the air so every loop left turn i left all 3 Audis in smoke , i Guess i deserved it xD .

Okay so im Racing At Apricot Hill doing the 20 Minute Race In S License And I Had My Cameleon Blue #23 69' Camaro Z28 Race Car which Produced around 590HP and weighed 1035KG , Anways first lap i climbed past The Nismo N24 Schulze Motorsport GTR i Cruise Around The First Turn And i See The SLS AMG GT3 in The outerfeild Grass so that tells me those Audi R8 LMS' Are Up to No good so fast forward to Lap 13 im in 8th Position battling 3 Audi R8 LMS' and this was before all of the updates when the Audi R8 LMS' weighed in a price of 5,000,000 Cr. Im coming around the Turn 5 After The 2nd Loop That leads to a Downhill straight that turns into a hairpin and the Black Audi LMS that has been waiting on me to spin for a while comes up behind me , my Car starts acting up and my tail gets loose and the Audi Provokes My car to spin by tapping my Driver side into a 180 so Im shouting at the TV cussing and screaming because ive been Dropped to about 12th Place , i finish in 9th Place And the replay comes and i come to find out my LSD was forcing My Driverside Drive wheel to spin and kick Rubber the air so every loop left turn i left all 3 Audis in smoke , i Guess i deserved it xD .
LOL. I have been spun out by an opponent before. its not fun.

This was a looooooooong time ago, but her) e goes!

When I first got GT6, I progressed rather quickly and got all the cars I wanted to compete online. So I took a look at the rooms and the one that appealed most to me was a room called "3 FOR DALE". Despite the name, it wasn't a NASCAR room, infact, it was something completely different.

So I entered and everyone's driving Kei cars and making NASCAR on FOX references over the mics. I plug mines in and decide to mess with them and put on my best Ward Burton impression. I quickly fit in with these rather rambunctious (and maybe racist? :rolleyes:) guys.

So a race at GT Arena occurs and I get out my Cappuccino. 12 other guys are on the grid for a 10 lap race around the claustrophobic course, leading to good times. After a lot of bumping and banging, I found myself 2nd, right behind the leader, on the final lap. So as a last-ditch effort, I spun the guy in front of me.

This one dude has the best DW impression ever.

"OOOH HE TAAAAWWWNEEEDD HEEEEEM!!! OAAAHHH NAAAAAAOOOO!!!!!!"

I was crying in laughter, then I lost the lead to another guy who was much more focused than I was. :dunce:

Unfortunately I can't play online, so not a funny story here :guilty:

I think the most interesting thing I did was driving the Jay Leno Tank Car comfort hard, 0/0 brake balance, 50% power and 200kg ballast at 50% ballast position, while the track was the Circuito De La Sierra with 100% surface water at start, 100% weather at race start, 0 weather changeability and real grip reduction on wet track/track edge.
I was actually driving well until... I hit the wall around 9 minutes into the run and the dreaded Lap Invalidated (Barrier Collision) appeared. I just lost all hope and finished the run with an invalid 15:19.264.

I just now realized that this thread exists.
GT6 had a very inconsistent and glitchy online. One time in a lobby the host switched the track from Nurburgring to Daytona yet I stayed at Nurburgring while still connected to the lobby so I was hotlapping at the Ring for a few minutes with no idea the track was switched so then someone went to spectate me and apparently saw me driving the Nurburgring layout "around" Daytona but given the size difference I was mostly out of bounds driving hundreds of feet in the air.
Someone did the 50 m homestraight glitch (it is a long explanation but easy to find) to their Tomahawk and then the body swap glitch (I never got it to work but I think there are still tutorials around) with a Prius which electric vehicles couldn't do the 50 m homestraight glitch so it was maybe the only 1000+ mph "Prius" ever but sadly it wasn't in a race so I don't have a replay.
There was a glitch for a bit driving the Chaparral 2X backwards at Route X slowed down time gradually and I know there are videos of that but apparently there is also a video using the body swap glitch with a Delorean (good idea but I've never found proof).
There were at least 2 players that were really good at driving in reverse gear and a 78 year old at the time said on the mic that he about had a heart attack when one passed him after 4 laps at Big Willow (he still races on GT7 now at 85).
The rest have video proof.

There are plenty more on Odysee now and even a bit to come in the future.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back