What's your thoughts on Destruction AllStars?

• Thread starter GTxForza
  • 7 comments
Australia
Australia
Dear petrol heads in Console & PC Gaming board

About a week ago, Sony revealed a new demolition derby game called Destruction AllStars since PS5 reveal event.

And I haven't seen a single user made a thread on this game so why not for me to make one? What are your thoughts on this?

For me it looks terrible. Kinda trying to do rocket league esque big E sport type thing but injected overwatch into it and then realised it needed a USP to be interesting. Just trying to do too much and I think they would have been better served rebooting Destruction Derby with a focus on esports so that other people still find it fun. This looks likenits trying too hard to win at esports.

For me it looks terrible. Kinda trying to do rocket league esque big E sport type thing but injected overwatch into it and then realised it needed a USP to be interesting. Just trying to do too much and I think they would have been better served rebooting Destruction Derby with a focus on esports so that other people still find it fun. This looks likenits trying too hard to win at esports.

This is why Wreckfest looks much better than this.

This is why Wreckfest looks much better than this.

Wreckfest is great. But I still think there's a market for a middle ground. Wreckfest doesn't appeal to a lot of people because of its occasionally challenging driving dynamics. Something that was more action arcade oriented, like Destruction Derby, would be a far greater pull.

So I saw this in the Ps5 reveal event and my immediate thoughts were Fortnite meets Destruction Derby!

Won't deny it has my interest a lot! For me games have to have a fun appeal and look to be of a simple nature where you just go in have fun and enjoy yourself and this seems to have that feel to it from the trailer.

I can see it having a lot of wacky potential and fun vehicles so as long as the controls/gameplay are good I think it will do very well as we all have to remember consoles are geared towards the youth generation rather than us oldies so having something like Fortnite with vehicles should be fun and simple, it doesn't have to be god like in looks!

So I saw this in the Ps5 reveal event and my immediate thoughts were Fortnite meets Destruction Derby!

Won't deny it has my interest a lot! For me games have to have a fun appeal and look to be of a simple nature where you just go in have fun and enjoy yourself and this seems to have that feel to it from the trailer.

I can see it having a lot of wacky potential and fun vehicles so as long as the controls/gameplay are good I think it will do very well as we all have to remember consoles are geared towards the youth generation rather than us oldies so having something like Fortnite with vehicles should be fun and simple, it doesn't have to be god like in looks!

The vehicle designs kinda remind me of Codemasters' OnRush and the gameplay reminds me of Studio 33's Destruction Derby Arenas.

The vehicle designs kinda remind me of Codemasters' OnRush and the gameplay reminds me of Studio 33's Destruction Derby Arenas.

Yes I'd agree about the Destruction Derby arena's since I was a big fan of that game and still play it from time to time on my PSOne Classic.

Never really looked at Onrush but ones likes what he sees in the trailer and I'm sure gives way to many possibilities of DLC or customisation aspects in the final game, either way it will be one of the first destruction battle type games on PS5 so it should get some interest for that alone.

Yes I'd agree about the Destruction Derby arena's since I was a big fan of that game and still play it from time to time on my PSOne Classic.

Never really looked at Onrush but ones likes what he sees in the trailer and I'm sure gives way to many possibilities of DLC or customisation aspects in the final game, either way it will be one of the first destruction battle type games on PS5 so it should get some interest for that alone.

I hope they will have a stock car similar to Destruction Derby 2 (Driven by contestants including the player).
DD2 Pro car.jpg

Last edited:
Back