Wheel Advice ( G27 vs Force GT)

• Thread starter ErieFlow92
  • 17 comments
United States
Michigan
ErieFLOW
Now, I know there are a variety of different wheels to choose from. Yes, I've read and been told by 2 of my friends that I should stick to the DS3 until I can grasp drifting fully.

But I feel like if I can get my hands on a wheel, I'll be able to adapt quicker to drifting then using the DS3, not mention, it will stop my habit of honking the horn as I'm coming around the corner. :crazy:

Onto my question (since I have continued to annoy and talk your ear off :ill:), what wheel would you guys recommend personally and/or of the two? I've heard good things about both the G27 and the Force GT, but can't decide which to invest into.

ErieFlow92
Now, I know there are a variety of different wheels to choose from. Yes, I've read and been told by 2 of my friends that I should stick to the DS3 until I can grasp drifting fully.

But I feel like if I can get my hands on a wheel, I'll be able to adapt quicker to drifting then using the DS3, not mention, it will stop my habit of honking the horn as I'm coming around the corner. :crazy:

Onto my question (since I have continued to annoy and talk your ear off :ill:), what wheel would you guys recommend personally and/or of the two? I've heard good things about both the G27 and the Force GT, but can't decide which to invest into.

The G27.

I am a owner of 3 DFGTs that i have had. Two I have killed getting speed wobbles because someone hit me that couldn't control their car. I now own a G27 and it has made GT5 brand new.

Don't get me wrong the DFGT is a pretty good wheel.
But if you have the money get the G27.

You have so much more fun with the G27 because its features are better than the DFGT

With the G27 you have a full clutch and H-Pattern shifter. With it you are able to engine brake and even cut your car off. I know cutting your car off is not truly nessasary. But it does make it fun.

If you can choose get the G27. I have even been in the same senaryo that has killed two of my DFGTs with the G27 and it hasn't hurt it at all.

Don't forget the fact that the G27 is amazingly quieter than the DFGT because of its gearing.

I own a dfgt, it's a great wheel and I have lots of fun with it.

but if you could buy a g27, I would buy that, because you are gonna miss the clutch, better pedals and the h-shifter.

Also the dfgt is pretty loud, especially when drifting, which can get annoying for other people in the house.

for drifting, I believe the g27 is a lot better because it has two motors. I can still drift pretty well with the dfgt, but i really have to throw it around. something the g27 has a lot less I believe (could be wrong)

so if you could choose, go for a g27, and otherwise the dfgt is still pretty good.

I had a DFGT, great wheel! Its a good price and you can have lots of fun with it. After it broke (had it close to 2 years) I saved up and bought a G27.

The G27 is smoother because of it helical gears, and also much quieter.

As others have mentioned you have a full on shifter and clutch.

If you have the money get the G27, if not get the DFGT. Both wheels are great, it just comes down to how much your are willing to spend.

yaman
I own a dfgt, it's a great wheel and I have lots of fun with it.

but if you could buy a g27, I would buy that, because you are gonna miss the clutch, better pedals and the h-shifter.

Also the dfgt is pretty loud, which can get annoying for other people in the house.

for drifting, I believe the g27 is a lot better because it has two motors. I can still drift pretty well with the dfgt, but i really have to throw it around. something the g27 has a lot less I believe (could be wrong)

so if you could choose, go for a g27, and otherwise the dfgt is still pretty good.

Yep i can confirm this.

You do don't have to throw the G27 around like the DFGT.

And yep better pedals (better feel and better look and better resistance).

Thank you for the input and advice, really appreciate it! Seems like the G27 is pretty much more bang for your buck. Not to mention, more adaptable since you have the H shifter and clutch pedal.

ErieFlow92
Thank you for the input and advice, really appreciate it! Seems like the G27 is pretty much more bang for your buck. Not to mention, more adaptable since you have the H shifter and clutch pedal.

Yep. No problem.. Thumbs up.

The DFGT and G27 are both great wheels. But don't expect to pick up the wheel quicker that the ds3. Be warned your going to spend at least a week spinning out lol. I have been drifting the wheel around 8 month now and although I am quite good I still feel like a noob ha ha. I don't want to put you off the wheel switching from ds3 to the wheel was the best choice I ever made. It just takes a lot of time and patience to master.

The DFGT and G27 are both great wheels. But don't expect to pick up the wheel quicker that the ds3. Be warned your going to spend at least a week spinning out lol. I have been drifting the wheel around 8 month now and although I am quite good I still feel like a noob ha ha. I don't want to put you off the wheel switching from ds3 to the wheel was the best choice I ever made. It just takes a lot of time and patience to master.

I figured it might take a little longer to master it on the wheel, but I figured that getting the G27 will give me more of a realistic feel to help me improve, as I should say lol

But either way, like you said, I have no doubts that I will spin out, but hey, that's why practice makes perfect 👍

Reddee
You are a noob you noob. Hahahaha just kidding with you bro.
ErieFlow92
I figured it might take a little longer to master it on the wheel, but I figured that getting the G27 will give me more of a realistic feel to help me improve, as I should say lol

But either way, like you said, I have no doubts that I will spin out, but hey, that's why practice makes perfect 👍
But yeah just don't give up on it. I have been drifting on the wheel for about five to six months and I learn new things every day. Just stay with it don't give up on it.

Lock2Lock
You are a noob you noob. Hahahaha just kidding with you bro.

But yeah just don't give up on it. I have been drifting on the wheel for about five to six months and I learn new things every day. Just stay with it don't give up on it.

Zach you have been on the wheel longer than 6 month. If I'm noob your uber noob ha ha.

G27 for sure, feedback feels a lot better and easier to throw the wheel around.

Now if only GT5 could get the clutch pedal working :lol:

Stavingo
G27 for sure, feedback feels a lot better and easier to throw the wheel around.

Now if only GT5 could get the clutch pedal working :lol:

Well the only thing they need to fix is being able to shift up with the gas held down and and barley pushing the clutch down to engage it. Besides that it works fine.

Well the only thing they need to fix is being able to shift up with the gas held down and and barley pushing the clutch down to engage it. Besides that it works fine.

I hope you can powershift it GT6, it will be good for drag racing.

If they get a clutch like rFactor then I'll be very happy.

Even after a solid 2 years of me DS3 drifting, I had to learn the wheel the same way as anyone else. I thought having drift experience with the controller in GT5 would be beneficial, but it's not as much as you think. Doesn't hurt to have some DS3 experience though. I got my wheel because I felt I was being limited in my abilities with using a DS3 because of the twitchy steering of a thumb stick and acceleration control from a button.

I highly recommend a G27. Had mine since christmas in 2012 and has been excellent since then. Definately worth the $300 you pay for it. Tried a mate's DFGT and that was alright but the G27 is higher quality and has H pattern shifter + clutch

Back