Wheel and pedals for GT7?

• Thread starter LGT42
  • 29 comments
United States
United States
Perhaps it is too early to speculate but wondering nonetheless ...

Personally I would like to see a wireless (other than power) wheel and pedal set

Last edited:
I have a feeling that the currently supported wheels will work with PS 5 and GT 7 with possibly the exception of the T500. With what I'm expecting to be a fairly high price for this next gen of consoles I think it could push too many people over to PC if they're not compatible.

Seeing as though many PS4 games will work on PS5, I imagine peripherals will be compatible too. I hope so as I will be buying Thrustmaster T-LCM pedals as soon as they become available again in order to play Assetto Corsa Competizione.

I
I hope all current wheels will still be supported.
think this is likely, as discontinued models such as the t500 are available to use in GT Sport, and due to the value of these wheels, it would be unreasonable to make them unusable. Still, being a T300RS GT user, I am hoping that they will be compatible.

If a DS4 can be used with the PS5 I think all current wheels will work. the PS3 -> PS4 thing was because the console authenticated the controller, the old wheels didn't have the ability to do this, therefore couldn't connect.

Even if they do not, I'm sure cronus etc will be on to it pretty quickly and we'll have an adapter available which will be cheaper than buying a new wheel.

Looking at it another way, what happens if they don't work ? it'd mean that GT7 could launch with no wheel support, unless Sony and PD and Logitech/Thrustmaster/Fanatec get together and get something released at the same time and even then they'll be asking £50 for a game and (say) £300 for a wheel on top of ~£500 for a console.Wouldn't bode well for the e-sports/competition side of things.

I tihnk its entirely possible the official GT7 wheel will have haptic feedback that they've touted on the dualsense controller, which will probably be expensive.

My G29 just has a switch for PS3 & PS4, so I'm worried as far as PS5 support is concerned. But with PS5 being back compatible, hopefully this won't be an issue.

My G29 just has a switch for PS3 & PS4, so I'm worried as far as PS5 support is concerned. But with PS5 being back compatible, hopefully this won't be an issue.

T300RS has aswell, it will most likely be compatible since PS5 should be simmilar to PS4.

In theory all PS4 wheels should work on PS5, as both consoles are pretty much the same system/architecture, except the PS5 is much more powerful. IIRC all PS4 games will work on PS5 aswell.
That's not the case with the PS3, which was a whole different system, and that was a problem with compatibility

I'd hope there'd be some current wheels that would work with the new hardware, but I'm saving up the big bucks just in case!

If a DS4 can be used with the PS5 I think all current wheels will work. the PS3 -> PS4 thing was because the console authenticated the controller, the old wheels didn't have the ability to do this, therefore couldn't connect.

Even if they do not, I'm sure cronus etc will be on to it pretty quickly and we'll have an adapter available which will be cheaper than buying a new wheel.

Looking at it another way, what happens if they don't work ? it'd mean that GT7 could launch with no wheel support, unless Sony and PD and Logitech/Thrustmaster/Fanatec get together and get something released at the same time and even then they'll be asking £50 for a game and (say) £300 for a wheel on top of ~£500 for a console.Wouldn't bode well for the e-sports/competition side of things.

I tihnk its entirely possible the official GT7 wheel will have haptic feedback that they've touted on the dualsense controller, which will probably be expensive.
Yeah but haptic feedback would be on the pedals as well.

IDK if G29 will work?

G27 didn't work on PS4
This is because PS4 had a device authentication system, meaning old PS3 gen wheels would not work because they could not be authenticated with the system. This should not change between PS4 and PS5 because the architecture is extremely similar, meaning that the wheels should all work.

GT7 and GTS can not be called a Simulator if there isn’t more support for wheel and pedals , The DS4 or 5 will only make GTS and GT7 a game!
I call on Sony and PD do not get stuck on stupid and tap the Simulator Drivers to make them money on racing.

I see in some advertising they say unavailable, not out of stock . may be it saying the same thing But you might be right. I wonder is Thrushmaster looking to market a PS5 wheel.

I'd still like to know if the G25 will work on PS5.

I know DriveHub or something similar is likely to be required, yes?

Wonder if the "Fanatec GT DD Pro" $700 wheel and pedal package will live up to the current hype/expectations

Is the difference between direct drive and belt drive like night and day or a more of a incremental improvement in overall wheel performance.

Wonder if the "Fanatec GT DD Pro" $700 wheel and pedal package will live up to the current hype/expectations

Is the difference between direct drive and belt drive like night and day or a more of a incremental improvement in overall wheel performance.
At the moment I say the Fanatec GT DD wheel and pedal package it will be better for GT7, on GT Sport it is way better than the belt drive wheel I was using.

I mean, there quite a few reviews and comparisons on it on YouTube. From what I've gathered I'd say if you want to spend that amount of money you can't really get anything better, most people think the actual wheel looks and feels a bit cheaper than it is, while the features and FFB seem to be fantastic.

I'd still like to know if the G25 will work on PS5.

I know DriveHub or something similar is likely to be required, yes?
OK, it sounds like if you buy a Hori Pad Mini Ps4 Controller and plug that into DriveHub at the same time it acts like a dongle and prevents the 10-minute-reset thing from happening.

A more-solid solution would be preferable. Any thoughts guys?

I mean, there quite a few reviews and comparisons on it on YouTube. From what I've gathered I'd say if you want to spend that amount of money you can't really get anything better, most people think the actual wheel looks and feels a bit cheaper than it is, while the features and FFB seem to be fantastic.
Thank you for the replies fordlaser and br1x

The biggest issue I have with all wheels that I have used in the past (belt drive, etc.) is "deadzone". In my experience the Logitech wheels were the worst for this e.g., G25. Never used a direct drive so I don't know what to expect in that regard. I'll search for Youtube videos as suggested.

I am encouraged by the statement that Fanatec worked directly with Polyphony Digital on development of the "GT DD Pro"

Last edited:
Back