Wheel drift help

• Thread starter steleb
  • 6 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Canada
NB
rifleguy20
Hey I've just started drifting with the wheel I've drifted with the wheel for about an hour and I can hold a drift pretty well but I'm having a lot of trouble the drift exits and transitionning (spinning out). So what could do to fix that problem?

I had similar issues when first starting, i'd get a lot of front end snap-back.
i found that starting to steer out of the slide earlier than you think you should stopped most of it
i.e you've got a full turn of lock (to the right) on the wheel holding a drift around a left hand corner, start steering back to the left to straighten the wheels and use the throttle to control the rear end as you're exiting the corner.
this way the wheels are pointing straight down the road, as the car naturally straightens itself up
it's pure monentum and weight-shifting caused by it will then push the car around the opposite direction for a transition into a right-hander.

it felt un-natural at first and did result in stalling the drift until you find the right point to lessen the counter-steer and the amount of wheelspin/ power needed for the car to exit the drift cleanly

How about not giving up after an hour then creating a pointless thread asking for wheel tips. Yeah because nobody would ever of thought to create a thread exactly like this before.

DriifterzZ
How about not giving up after an hour then creating a pointless thread asking for wheel tips. Yeah because nobody would ever of thought to create a thread exactly like this before.

Lmao

I am sorry bro that was funny. Lots of practice for sure. Check out YouTube all decent drifters on here have vids u can check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back