Wheel Drifting

• Thread starter massradia1
  • 26 comments

massradia1

(Banned)
massradia1
Hi everyone, I've been drifting my s14 200sx with a driving force GT for around a month now and I can now successfully do suzuka east without crashing!:) But I don't link the drifts because when I transition i spin out 90% of the time. Any tips?

Hi everyone, I've been drifting my s14 200sx with a driving force GT for around a month now and I can now successfully do suzuka east without crashing!:) But I don't link the drifts because when I transition i spin out 90% of the time. Any tips?

You are not transitioning fast enough, try letting go of the wheel and catching it for the next corner. 👍

When you are drifting through the first corner, at the end try to not counter steer/steer so much into the next corner. Lets say You are drifting left, this means you are counter steering to the right. Once you are at the end of your left hand drift you are now steering into the right hand corner. So try not to steer so much into the next drift, this should help you from spinning out.

Hope this helps.

Thanks guys, I'll give it a go and let you know. Think I'll be at entry level for VDC by the time it starts?

Go for it. If anything, you will learn a lot. My first season I learned a lot of car control and tandem skills.

I got a knew car Eric. I still use my LM but I have a camaro now. I love it soooo much. . . We should drift again sometime so I can pass you again (lol you werent trying that night were you...) I have some self confidence in my drifting now!

LPTuner
I got a knew car Eric. I still use my LM but I have a camaro now. I love it soooo much. . . We should drift again sometime so I can pass you again (lol you werent trying that night were you...) I have some self confidence in my drifting now!

I can help you out some. Try to stay away from the race cars thought, you will get more respect and more people to drift with. Anyway this is not the right place to talk about this, send me a PM next time.

Make sure your car isnt too loose on her springs, this makes the car more prone to being snappy under transitioning. Plus, try to get a feel for the car, learn what it will do before it is going to do it :D

I learned my drifting in an Nsx. I'm still learning, but its coming along slowly and steadily.

I been trying to drift on wheel. But I'm bad. I spin out alot. I been using s15. But idk if that's a good car to start off with. I just slammed it. No tune.

If you don't like the FC to drift with, you don't like to drift.
And first, I'd say getting to learn HOW to drift matters more than What to drift, right? :)

If you don't like the FC to drift with, you don't like to drift.
And first, I'd say getting to learn HOW to drift matters more than What to drift, right? :)

I don't like the FC at all, but I love to drift... That was a pretty silly statement. :dunce:

On topic: I learnt in a 300ZX, great car. :)

Last edited:
massradia1
Seems the 300zx is most popular.
I'll give it a shot. Any tunes?

Full tune it lower it and try your LSD at 5 5 5 and use a mid turbo. Add rsm-deedub and I'll send you the full tune.

I do love the 300, (I have 3 of them setup!), but the FC for learning may be a little friendlier. The 300 I feel may be a little too aggressive in comparisson to how smooth the FC is.

I maybe wouldn't reccomend that 5 5 5 diff or maxing out the power to start off with, you're just goimg to hurt yourself!

GODfreyGT5
I do love the 300, (I have 3 of them setup!), but the FC for learning may be a little friendlier. The 300 I feel may be a little too aggressive in comparisson to how smooth the FC is.

I maybe wouldn't reccomend that 5 5 5 diff or maxing out the power to start off with, you're just goimg to hurt yourself!

I find the 5 5 5 diff stops you spinning out as much as the acceleration is slower and smoother. I have only been drifting 3 month so I'm no pro myself. When i first started out I was told to use a stock rx7 by a very good wheel drifter but I have never really liked the rx7 so I used a fully tuned s15. I suggested the 300 as I find it the easiest car to drift with my style but I do have an aggressive style.

Also try the S13 setup I posted in the Wheels Only setup thread. Perfect for beginners on either CM or CS tires.

After experimenting with the LSD settings and taking into account my real car welded diff,

I can successfully say that the 5/60/60 feels the most realistic as a welded diff.

I know this has been debated from the dawn of time, but after carefull reading of the

LSD description on Gt5 and a year of gt5 drifting at 60/60/60, I had to find out what makes the car snappier in

the game than in real life.

The 5 setting means the diff starts locking up sooner simply put.

60 means it requires more torque to lock up.

Underneath that, the 60/60 means how locked up it will be on acc/dec.

Take this information or leave it, but as my personal experience, the 5/60/60 drifts more as a welded diff than 60/60/60

Last edited:
Back