Wheel Help/advise

Northern Ireland
ireland
Xxshenaniganx
hello to every1, i have recently change over from forza to GT5 use to drift alot on xbox with controller, was planning on getting a wheel for GT5 tho to get the full experience the only problem is i an stuck on what to get i would love to get the G25 or G27 but there a bit out of my price range for a 1st time wheel user, i have been looking at the logitech driving force gt, does any1 know if this is a good wheel to start off with for drifting, i have searched around the web/youtube cant find very much info on the wheel for Drifting, maybe it isnt good for drifting. would very much appreciate if people have this or know something about would give some feed back please.

thank you in advance.

Xxshenaniganx

The DFGT is the best wheel for the price. I learned on a DFP which is the exact same wheel except it has a different rim on it. It only has one motor inside and it's pretty slow to spin itself around for you so you have to literally keep your hands on a turn it back for you when drifting but it's not too big a deal to do so. Once I got my G27 it was a whole new experience and it became way easier. Being able to let go mid drift so the wheel spins to where the car wants to be made my drifting much smoother and faster.

The DFGT is the best wheel for the price. I learned on a DFP which is the exact same wheel except it has a different rim on it. It only has one motor inside and it's pretty slow to spin itself around for you so you have to literally keep your hands on a turn it back for you when drifting but it's not too big a deal to do so. Once I got my G27 it was a whole new experience and it became way easier. Being able to let go mid drift so the wheel spins to where the car wants to be made my drifting much smoother and faster.

I agree with this post. While you could get a Driving Force Pro for cheap off eBay, if you want to learn drifting quickly and with ease, then it is worth investing in a more modern wheel. I say that the cheapest wheel that you could get away with is the DFGT.

But of course, if you have loads of spare money left over in the bank, then you could invest in more advanced wheels like the Logitech G25 / G27 , Fanatec wheels or even the Thrustmaster T500 RS. However, be aware that the T500 isn't compatible with a lot of console games, but if you want to race on PC sims too then it will be compatible with all of them.

Which wheel you want to invest in is entirely up to you, but the wheel that you should get depends on how much money you are willing to pay for a wheel and of course, what you are looking for in a wheel. The DFP is cheap, has good force feedback strength, but the motor by default is very slow. I think you could get an upgrade for it to make it spin faster, but since it is such an outdated wheel, it would be hard to find. The DFGT is like the DFP, except it spins faster, it has a horn button in the center of the wheel, and it has a Real-Time Adjustment dial on the wheel rim, allowing you to make changes to your car's settings while driving.

I strongly suggest that you look at reviews of steering wheels to help you make a choice on which steering wheel is right for you. Good luck and I wish you all the best in making your choice 👍 .

I started with a DFGT, they're a good solid wheel that can last you for 3 or 4 years before something happens to it and are available at fair prices too.

How much is a new DFGT? I'm thinking he could probably grab a used G27 for a little bit more. I got mine for $200 brand new and it was well worth it.

How much is a new DFGT? I'm thinking he could probably grab a used G27 for a little bit more. I got mine for $200 brand new and it was well worth it.

I got mine for about £80 at Argos, very cheap for a force feedback wheel, although it shouldn't cost you more than £119 before you are seriously getting ripped off for it.

I got a DFGT and it's good for drifting, sure the G27 is better, smoother and faster, but still DFGT is an awesome first wheel. It's true that G27 doesn't cost that much more (double price).

I would say go for the DFGT as your first wheel so you don't have to save up for something more expensive as your first wheel. I could have been drifting on a wheel a lot sooner and have a lot more experience right now if i would have picked up a DFGT for starters. Instead i waited and waited until i had the money for the wheel i have now. What i am saying is to pick up a DFGT then you get into drifting on a wheel as soon as possible. You can always upgrade later to a g27 or something else that is on the market. Also i have heard that DFGT's are like tank's they last for a long time just like any of Logitech's product i hope this helps you with your decision.

Keep drifting fun! Cj.

Last edited:
thanks for the replies and input that you guys have giving me. i think i might get the DFGT wheel, but at this present time i am not having drifting on GT5. it is completely different to forza.

Back