wheel newb looking for chilled drifters

• Thread starter hunter91
  • 15 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
boltwho_
hey, not been on gt series for a few years Total wheel newb but slowly learning. Looking for a few people to chill and drift with that don't seem to think 10000 hp cars and racing tyres is somehow tandem... Forum has died down alot since I last looked but maybe there's a few guys left lol

I'm a noob like you who needs some time with people that are willing to have a noob drift with them. I think that us two noobs drifting together could somehow make us drift better. What do you think?

I'm a noob like you who needs some time with people that are willing to have a noob drift with them. I think that us two noobs drifting together could somehow make us drift better. What do you think?
If you guys take turns following, you can watch the other and see where their mistakes are, and that will help you as well.

You'll learn a lot about wheel drifting just by drifting with someone else who is learning. I learned more about it by drifting with another new wheel user than I did by having an older wheel user tell me how.

Fellow wheel noob. Add me if you want @ Ewesey_
I don't mind drifting with anyone, as long as you're chill it's cool.

Also wheel noob. Not sure if I'm good enough to be near anyone but I'm keen to learn. Add PaintGuzzlinPete

Whaaat, its the truth. In comparison to majority out there, I'm a noob in every category possible
53473205.jpg

U___U ahem, anyhow Im not a noob per say (I still need to learn more), I wouldn't mind giving you some pointers on wheel drifting (Tetsu and Djhashbrown are in my resume ((lools)) although I'm pretty sure they got a lot more help than what i gave them).

Personally i think being the following car helps you improve a lot when learning, like the drift line, clipping points, angle, speed etc etc. Also it helps you to pinpoint characteristics of the car and the tune you're using.

I'll be online today, mmmm friend's list is full and I cant delete anyone but send me a message on my PSN not here by the way.
I usually run jdm/missile cars with around 450~550 hp and love to tandem.

About your statement that the forum is kinda dead i think is because the drift community is divided in relation to the game, like: you have drifters that don't go into Drift Trial rooms and prefer the Practice/Race (as you may know, physics are different from Drift Trial to Normal Practice/Race rooms). Also drifters that prefer the points system than joy riding and tandeming.
All this of course is personal opinion however GT5 wasn't like this, well enough with that. Good luck and Keep Drifting Fun.

View attachment 367223

U___U ahem, anyhow Im not a noob per say (I still need to learn more), I wouldn't mind giving you some pointers on wheel drifting (Tetsu and Djhashbrown are in my resume ((lools)) although I'm pretty sure they got a lot more help than what i gave them).

Personally i think being the following car helps you improve a lot when learning, like the drift line, clipping points, angle, speed etc etc. Also it helps you to pinpoint characteristics of the car and the tune you're using.

I'll be online today, mmmm friend's list is full and I cant delete anyone but send me a message on my PSN not here by the way.

About your statement that the forum is kinda dead i think is because the drift community is divided in relation to the game, like: you have drifters that don't go into Drift Trial rooms and prefer the Practice/Race (as you may know, physics are different from Drift Trial to Normal Practice/Race rooms). Also drifters that prefer the points system than joy riding and tandeming.
All this of course is personal opinion however GT5 wasn't like this, well enough with that. Good luck and Keep Drifting Fun.
It's split about 5 or 6 different ways lol.

Race mode full lap, high speed (like NS was)

Race mode section

Drift Trial points

Drift Trial section

Drift Trial full lap / no points.

Then there's a small group who just want to bang doors wherever. Most of us are friends on PSN (group is quite small), and we just don't feel the need to talk about stuff on GTP...we just drift!

People stick to their little niche, and don't see what else is out there. I can't count the number of "Pro" rooms on Autumn Ring I've joined, only to find that no one can actually drift the full track. Hell, same with A-Ring Mini. Makes me cringe to see so many beautiful corners wasted haha.

We've fallen a long ways since the peak during GT5.

PD killed the drift community with their erroneous room regulations :(

View attachment 367223

Haha I just noticed this, you did help me a lot back on gt5. Letting me follow you probably helped me the most. Thanks bro. I might get on this weekend if I don't go camping. MEMORIAL DAY MATSURI!!

Haha I just noticed this, you did help me a lot back on gt5. Letting me follow you probably helped me the most. Thanks bro. I might get on this weekend if I don't go camping. MEMORIAL DAY MATSURI!!
I have to work Saturday, have CTSCC Sunday morning, then I desperately need to do my brake pads :lol: But I'd be down for a matsuri if I can squeeze it in

I'm going to start drifting with a wheel, I've drifted with a DS3 before and I'm okay, but the wheel is so more immersive and it requires a little more skill and control! :D

Back