Wheel not working.PC 

United States
United States
Hadn't played in a bit and now my wheel will not work. Everything is correct in the options, Wheel works fine on Dirt Rally and American Truck Simulator on pc as well as GT Sport and Dirt 4 on PS4, it is only Pcars 2 that has an issue. The wheel works up to starting the race and then once the game gives you control of the car it stops responding. Any ideas?

Hadn't played in a bit and now my wheel will not work. Everything is correct in the options, Wheel works fine on Dirt Rally and American Truck Simulator on pc as well as GT Sport and Dirt 4 on PS4, it is only Pcars 2 that has an issue. The wheel works up to starting the race and then once the game gives you control of the car it stops responding. Any ideas?

If it was working before and not now, without knowing any more specifics, it could be an issue with the controller profile(I think when it happened to me it wouldn't even work in the menus but I could remember that wrong).

This is what has worked for me and several other people:

Go to your savegame folder -- should be Documents\project cars 2\savegame\[a bunch of numbers that are probably your steam ID]\project cars 2\profiles and cut the "default.controllersettings" file and paste it somewhere else so you'll have it as a backup in case this doesn't work.

When the game boots without that file it will have to create a new one which means you'll have to re-do all your button bindings, but then it should hopefully start working.

Or of course it could be something else, but corrupted/outdated settings is an apparently common problem.

If it was working before and not now, without knowing any more specifics, it could be an issue with the controller profile(I think when it happened to me it wouldn't even work in the menus but I could remember that wrong).

This is what has worked for me and several other people:

Go to your savegame folder -- should be Documents\project cars 2\savegame\[a bunch of numbers that are probably your steam ID]\project cars 2\profiles and cut the "default.controllersettings" file and paste it somewhere else so you'll have it as a backup in case this doesn't work.

When the game boots without that file it will have to create a new one which means you'll have to re-do all your button bindings, but then it should hopefully start working.

Or of course it could be something else, but corrupted/outdated settings is an apparently common problem.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I had seen that elsewhere but the fact that it worked right up until race start made me think that might not be the issue and I didn't wanna redo my binds. Guess I'll try it in a bit anyway. Can't think of anything else to try.

@Deadheadbill. Looking at it from a PS4 perspective the game has a tendency to "loose" the wheel sometimes when you have the controller enabled (sometimes it doesn't!). Since the buttons continue to work it's usually at race start when you realise the wheel is not responding. So I was wondering if something similar is happening on the PC. When it stops responding does the wheel still show up in the options menu?

On the PS4 switching off the controller before starting PC2 solves the problem.

@Deadheadbill. Looking at it from a PS4 perspective the game has a tendency to "loose" the wheel sometimes when you have the controller enabled (sometimes it doesn't!). Since the buttons continue to work it's usually at race start when you realise the wheel is not responding. So I was wondering if something similar is happening on the PC. When it stops responding does the wheel still show up in the options menu?

On the PS4 switching off the controller before starting PC2 solves the problem.

Sorry, i should have replied back but deleting the setting ini fixed the problem. That makes sense though since I also had a xbox controller plugged in.

Just like it happened in pc1, the wheel sometimes stops working in pc2 too.

In pc1 the fix was plugging it to a usb2 port. In pc2 that fix no longer works.

Latest Posts

Back