Wheel Offset / Wheel Width

• Thread starter DawgCCCP
  • 19 comments
Netherlands
Netherlands
DawgCCCP
Adding adjustable offset option in fully adjustable suspension. That would change how the car handles on the track.

Adding option to make wheels more wide then they normally are. So you could control a stock car that you are tuning better while doing some laps.

And at the end people that love stanced cars would really appreciate it too.

Last edited:
yes!!! we need to adjust the off set on many vehicles, either with wheels, steering knuckles & wheel carriers, spindles or even spacers!!!...
Off Set.jpg

We also need to adjust the Steering Angle for drift cars... well I know we will have to change parts for extreme steering angle adjustment... FEEL FREE TO COPY THIS PICS AND POST A NEW SUGGESTION :)
Steering Angle.jpg
Steering Angle2.jpg
Steering Angle3.jpg

Didn't want to make a new thread as this one is here and already has so much support.

Just a few more points (mostly for the stance side of things - haters, shhh)
GT is the "Real Driving Simulator" (not just racing ;)) and there are many drivers who do stance their vehicles because they like the look of it, there are even websites devoted to it etc etc.

All of the arguments against offset/stance seem to just be on the side of how practical it is.
I don't think the majority of those in to this kind of thing care to much about that (I don't, at least inside of a video game I don't)... nor do they race their cars (or race them much professionally) for it to be a major obstacle.
Even, have one car to race and one to stance... its a video game... OR the game even offers saveable set ups...

A large part of this game, I think for a lot of people, is photography side of things, making their cars look beautiful and too many lowered cars in this game look so stupid with their wheels tucked in, like a "nan kid" with his shirt tucked in, or a dog with its tail tucked between its legs.

If it really is that difficult to implement the handling effects of this, why not just have the option available in photo mode?
And while I'm at it add stretched tyres too!

This tiny detail really bugs me and lets the whole game down and has annoyed me the last 3 titles too.

/rant :)

and bump, this needs more attention!

A simple example is this:
1796958_420026854801259_1790315769_o.jpg

Picture above has just has been posted on GT facebook-page, as far as I know the wider fender are made with purpose on that car, that purpose is wider wheel base. It just looks so unpractical right now when it supposed to look like this:
600x450-1634840.jpg

More power under the hood, wider wheels/ wheel base to make more traction etc, thats the purpose.

Stanced/flushed cars are without a doubt nice too. Especially when you see them in pictures. Just like sheferd said its really nice to see them in pictures in game, who cars if its practical or not. There are always 2 sides, some stance their cars for performance and better handling, other hellaflush the **** out of it making it a total crap to drive, although it sometimes looks nice.

Keep this in mind:
hellaq.jpg

Right now we have all of above and none of under. and for me it only should go till flush and not further.

This is a more what I would expect from the future :)

-Dawg

Agreed! I always thought about wheel offset/width as well. For me, the main attraction of GT is beauty, and because of that, I have to admit that I play GT almost only for admiring the cars and tuning them to perfection (appearance-wise). I remember, just last time was playing GT6, I bought an IS-F just because I wanted to make it have a flushed VIP look without slamming it down. So I got myself some BBS rims, dropped the suspension a bit, and cambered out the wheels (not that much... -3 or -4), but it looked funny without meaty tires or spacers to make it look flush. How I wish GT6 had that tuning option. Let's hope this makes it in GT7 on PS4 on time everyone!

I think that having the option to buy wider tires in the Tuning Shop or even just having spacing options in the Fully Customizable Suspension tuning menu would do the trick! That would be the best thing ever! :)

If this feature is not included in the next one then I give up. I'll actually buy an Xbox and play Forza instead

Back