Hi all,
I am really enjoying GT5P and have started racing online for the first time ever - boy what an experience that is!
When I started racing I used the sixaxis. I then tried my DFP wheel but am really struggling with it. I like the accuracy of the wheel and the progressive throttle and brake but I am still slower. With the controller I tend to take sharper turns full lock and direction is controlled on the throttle. With the wheel I seem to have less squeel more accuracy but it's slower!
My other main problem is onlline there's a lot of bumping - some of it even accidentall!!! With the sixasis if I get sideswiped I can flick it onto full lock and regain controll instantly. With the wheel however it nearly always leads to a spin
I spent a lot of time building my wheel stand - see it here -
http://www.thewayiplay.com/mainforum/index.php?topic=212.0
but I am seriously close to putting the wheel and stand on Ebay.
What do you fast guys use - wheel or controller? What am I doing wrong?
Regards,
Steve - aka schwantzz
I am really enjoying GT5P and have started racing online for the first time ever - boy what an experience that is!
When I started racing I used the sixaxis. I then tried my DFP wheel but am really struggling with it. I like the accuracy of the wheel and the progressive throttle and brake but I am still slower. With the controller I tend to take sharper turns full lock and direction is controlled on the throttle. With the wheel I seem to have less squeel more accuracy but it's slower!
My other main problem is onlline there's a lot of bumping - some of it even accidentall!!! With the sixasis if I get sideswiped I can flick it onto full lock and regain controll instantly. With the wheel however it nearly always leads to a spin
I spent a lot of time building my wheel stand - see it here -
http://www.thewayiplay.com/mainforum/index.php?topic=212.0
but I am seriously close to putting the wheel and stand on Ebay.
What do you fast guys use - wheel or controller? What am I doing wrong?
Regards,
Steve - aka schwantzz