Wheel Problem with Driverclub, problem fix now.

• Thread starter CBH
  • 26 comments

CBH

(Banned)
Australia
Adelaide
I have a G29 wheel that I just connected to my PS4 for the first time to play Driverclub, all the buttons work on the wheel but only the accelerator do not work but only revs . I switch to PS3 to play GT6 and everything works find but not on PS4 Driverclub why.

Last edited:
Have you set it to PS4 mode?
Yes I have, and I for got to say when I use the accelerator the car revs but no movement of the car.

Edit: The brake was working sorry, the steering on the car works but the only the accelerator does work and it only revs and no movement of the car going foreword.

Last edited:
I can change the gears, but it just stays in the one place.
If you can hear the car revving up then it's not an issue with the pedals because we know the pedals are communicating with the game. It's a game setting or an issue with game code most likely.

If you can hear the car revving up then it's not an issue with the pedals because we know the pedals are communicating with the game. It's a game setting or an issue with game code most likely.
Probably it is the game coding is the issue, and it looks like I will be using the DS4 for a while and thanks again for your help Johnnypenso 👍.

There was a patch for that two months ago or so - I take it you have the current version (ie: have you downloaded all of the patches?)

There was a patch for that two months ago or so - I take it you have the current version (ie: have you downloaded all of the patches?)
I just installed this game a few days ago and I am new to this, where can I check if I got all the updates in the game.

Edit: I have the latest updates.

Last edited:
I just installed this game a few days ago and I am new to this, where can I check if I got all the updates in the game.

Edit: I have the latest updates.
Okay then, maybe you'd best tweet Rushy (@Rushy33) if the patch isn't fixing it for everyone and he will be able to look into it.

I'm using the G29 with Driveclub,no issues at all so far,other than my ego being bruised by my sudden lack of pace!
Two weeks of use and I'm narrowing the gap to pad times,took the F40 out in the wet last night around Taki hills and it was a joy(then again after 2 days of trying to tame the Atom,anything was going to a joy).
Just a thought....I had my control method for Bikes set to motion controls on the DS4 but stick for cars and this caused a conflict.When I boot Driveclub and go to race,my stick won't steer the car unless I go to the controls menu and come out again(even tho it's set to stick control and I don't have to change any settings).Could be you have some other kind of weird settings conflict between Bikes+Cars that is causing the issue?

I'm using the G29 with Driveclub,no issues at all so far,other than my ego being bruised by my sudden lack of pace!
Two weeks of use and I'm narrowing the gap to pad times,took the F40 out in the wet last night around Taki hills and it was a joy(then again after 2 days of trying to tame the Atom,anything was going to a joy).
Just a thought....I had my control method for Bikes set to motion controls on the DS4 but stick for cars and this caused a conflict.When I boot Driveclub and go to race,my stick won't steer the car unless I go to the controls menu and come out again(even tho it's set to stick control and I don't have to change any settings).Could be you have some other kind of weird settings conflict between Bikes+Cars that is causing the issue?
I have just started the game last night, everything works with the G29 for the start of the race but when I put my foot on the accelerator to go the car just sits there and revs I find it strange on why it is doing that.

I have just started the game last night, everything works with the G29 for the start of the race but when I put my foot on the accelerator to go the car just sits there and revs I find it strange on why it is doing that.
Maybe the handbrake button (circle) is stuck?

Maybe the handbrake button (circle) is stuck?
I do not think that is the problem, but I will have a look tomorrow 👍.

Edit: Do you think it maybe the disc version ?.

Last edited:
I'll have a mess with my wheel when I get home and see if I can replicate the issue you're having and hopefully get you up and running.

I have the t300 and the cable sometimes isn't in properly at back of the wheel that links pedals and works it's way loose and I put tape on back to hold firmly in place so worth checking if there is a cable on g29. Also if you haven't done also update latest ps4 firmware to 3.15 (not drive club update). I would also check wheel settings make sure all default as well and reset. Other than that you might have to contact dc as said. 👍

I have the t300 and the cable sometimes isn't in properly at back of the wheel that links pedals and works it's way loose and I put tape on back to hold firmly in place so worth checking if there is a cable on g29. Also if you haven't done also update latest ps4 firmware to 3.15 (not drive club update). I would also check wheel settings make sure all default as well and reset. Other than that you might have to contact dc as said. 👍
I have reset to default and it is still does the same thing, I have delete my save game because I have done only 3 races and I have delete and re-installed the updates again but the problem is still there. I think it has to do something with the game, and @jp_footy I do not have the Driverclub Bikes installed yet, this is a strange one because I have no forward car movement when I just about to start a race even in reverse it just revs.

Last edited:
I have reset to default and it is still does the same thing, I have delete my save game because I have done only 3 races and I have delete and re-installed the updates again but the problem is still there. I think it has to do something with the game, and @jp_footy I do not have the Driverclub Bikes installed yet, this is a strange one because I have no forward car movement when I just about to start a race even in reverse it just revs.

Do you have another PS4 game you can try to see if the pedals work? Do that so we know whether it's the PS4 or just the game. (If you don't, download a demo)

Do you have another PS4 game you can try to see if the pedals work? Do that so we know whether it's the PS4 or just the game. (If you don't, download a demo)
I download a demo and see, and I will let you know tomorrow.

If it was an issue with the wheel it wouldn't work on GT6. Try plugging the wheel into the PS4's other USB port.
Done that no good, I have just contacted Logitech support and they said it is an issue with the G29 wheel. I find it strange it works for PS3 but not for PS4.

Done that no good, I have just contacted Logitech support and they said it is an issue with the G29 wheel. I find it strange it works for PS3 but not for PS4.

It's an issue with the wheel with the PS4. ;)

I found a small cable coming from underneath the peddles was stuck under my racing frame, and God only knows how it did work for the PS3 and not PS4, well I am happy now I found the problem, and thanks to everyone for there help :cheers:.

Latest Posts

Back