Wheel Problems...

  • Thread starter Thread starter mikelovin
  • 15 comments
  • 1,264 views
Messages
69
Canada
Ontario
Messages
The_mikelovin
hey gtplanet, recently i've started noting my wheel (driving forceGT) has been uncalibrating. when i initially turn on my ps3 it calibrates itself perfectly but after a few laps it starts tilting towards the left, yet on the tv the wheel of my car appears perfectly aligned. my only solution to fixing this problem it to unplug the wheel and re-plug it so it can recalibrate itself but this is really annoying. :grumpy: Any wheel owners experience the same? If so what are your better, and less annoying, solutions towards this problem?
 
i have the same problem...mostly because i have fun in races and steer excessively and drift and it will calibrate to the left or right at times sometimes its just the battery other times it just does that every 10-20 laps the only thing you can really do is unplug and replug but i had less problems like this with the wheel that turns just 90 degrees the one that makes 2 1/2 turns is better at calibrating
 
mikelovin
hey gtplanet, recently i've started noting my wheel (driving forceGT) has been uncalibrating. when i initially turn on my ps3 it calibrates itself perfectly but after a few laps it starts tilting towards the left, yet on the tv the wheel of my car appears perfectly aligned. my only solution to fixing this problem it to unplug the wheel and re-plug it so it can recalibrate itself but this is really annoying. :grumpy: Any wheel owners experience the same? If so what are your better, and less annoying, solutions towards this problem?

Never happened before but my wheel did become unresponsive once and all I did was unplug it then plug it back. Never happened since maybe too much use.
 
I have the same wheel as you , but i didn't meet such problems;
You can test the racing wheel with some other game to see how is working , and after if it isn't ok you can check your warranty .
 
I had the exact same issue with my G27 wheel. It turned out that the optical sensor came loose. I don't know if the DFGT uses an optical sensor but it was an easy fix. All it took was a drop of super glue on the sensor.
 
Last edited:
This actually happened to mine for a few months. When idling it would be ever so much to the left. After a while it actually just kinda... fixed itself.
 
This actually happened to mine for a few months. When idling it would be ever so much to the left. After a while it actually just kinda... fixed itself.

yea it isn't as bad now and this has been happening for a month.
 
I had the exact same issue with my G27 wheel. It turned out that the optical sensor came loose. I don't know if the DFGT uses an optical sensor but it was an easy fix. All it took was a drop of super glue on the sensor.

This is the only solution, the optical sensor looks something like this;

iTPyS.jpg


Google for all available info, then get your screwdrivers out! Unless, your wheel is still within the 2 year warranty, in which case contact Logitech directly for a replacement.
 
Hi!

After non-playing gt5 and after installing latest up-date (2.10) i also noticed that my wheel (fanatec gt3) when entering a game slightly offsets to a left and is ridiculousy sensitive when i go thru menus :S
Is this twich caused by new update?
 
Hi!

After non-playing gt5 and after installing latest up-date (2.10) i also noticed that my wheel (fanatec gt3) when entering a game slightly offsets to a left and is ridiculousy sensitive when i go thru menus :S
Is this twich caused by new update?

Are you sure you haven't just changed some settings in the wheel's setup? I've never noticed a problem with the menu screens with mine that turning it off and on wouldn't fix, although I don't usually turn the wheel when I'm not driving so I might not have noticed if it changed recently.

If you had used it for PC and re-centered it you'll have to do so again for the PS3. For some reason in PS3 mode it always centers slightly differently than in PC mode so changing back and forth means constantly realigning it..
 
VBR
This is the only solution, the optical sensor looks something like this;

iTPyS.jpg


Google for all available info, then get your screwdrivers out! Unless, your wheel is still within the 2 year warranty, in which case contact Logitech directly for a replacement.

thanks for the info, I'm just scared of opening mine up and messing it up even more. 👎
 
I had a DF Pro that did this. Logitech replaced it free of charge. Is your wheel within its warranty?
 
I had a DF Pro that did this. Logitech replaced it free of charge. Is your wheel within its warranty?

i bought it 2 summers ago, even if it is within warranty i have no receipts or the box any more. 👎
 
Are you sure you haven't just changed some settings in the wheel's setup? I've never noticed a problem with the menu screens with mine that turning it off and on wouldn't fix, although I don't usually turn the wheel when I'm not driving so I might not have noticed if it changed recently.

If you had used it for PC and re-centered it you'll have to do so again for the PS3. For some reason in PS3 mode it always centers slightly differently than in PC mode so changing back and forth means constantly realigning it..

no, i didn't change any setinngs :( i didn't have such a problem before this update. A wheel worked fine on PC. And it also slightly vibrates if I turn a wheel to a center of it.
Especially annoying when i'm in menu screens :( but while driving it's all ok :)
weird :S
 
i bought it 2 summers ago, even if it is within warranty i have no receipts or the box any more. 👎

They were awesome. They didn't ask me for anything, except for before & after pics of me destroying the wheel.
 
Here is a YouTube video of someone (not me) disassembling a DFGT wheel. The optical sensor is most likely the issue. It's a relativity easy fix and probably doesn't need to be replaced only glued back onto the motor shaft.

 
Back