Wheel question concerning Iracing

• Thread starter select20
  • 6 comments
United States
SC
select_21@yahoo.com
Infantry11b4
Maybe I should've put this in other forum asking about hardware, but it's specific to Iracing so I want just Iracing people answering.

Everytime I get settled into Iracing, I have to go traveling for work. Gets a little frustrating, but thats life right? Anyways, when I get back here soon, I plan on replacing my 4 year old DFGT. She's been a good wheel, but time to move on. I plan on getting a new CSR. My question is, anyone upgrading from a cheaper wheel to a CSR, are you getting fast lap times?

My first wheel ever was the DFGT I have, and I bought it when GT5 prologue came out. I don't have experience with any other wheel, except arcade games from the 90's.

Thanks, will be good to be back.

The piece of hardware that's going to give you the most in iRacing is the pedals, specifically the brake pedal. So if you're going for a CSR range wheel don't cheap out on the pedals. Get the ClubSport pedals, it's what I use and definitely the best investment I've made in simracing.

I'm in the same situation, and what I plan on doing is upgrading to CSP V2 pedals when Fanatec gets their site up and stock in, and over time I'd end up with a CSW and CSP V2 setup. As Jav said, pedals are the most important. The wheel is for your own personal feel not necessarily speed. I think I heard (don't quote me on this) that Gregger Huttu uses a DFGT or at least used to use a DFP.

And if you don't own a 360 or don't plan on owning one you might want to take a look at the GT3 RS or G27

Last edited:
What about the CSR elite pedals? Those are load cell pedals. I've been toying with the idea of getting the CSR XL pack with the wheel and elite pedals (I have an xbox). Although I'd really like a triple screen setup. Not sure which to go for first.

Maybe I should've put this in other forum asking about hardware, but it's specific to Iracing so I want just Iracing people answering.

Everytime I get settled into Iracing, I have to go traveling for work. Gets a little frustrating, but thats life right? Anyways, when I get back here soon, I plan on replacing my 4 year old DFGT. She's been a good wheel, but time to move on. I plan on getting a new CSR. My question is, anyone upgrading from a cheaper wheel to a CSR, are you getting fast lap times?

My first wheel ever was the DFGT I have, and I bought it when GT5 prologue came out. I don't have experience with any other wheel, except arcade games from the 90's.

Thanks, will be good to be back.

I went from a logitech DFP to a logitech G27.
From my experience I did not immediately see faster laptimes, but almost immediately I find myself enjoying the sim even more with the better wheel and pedals! Once I got used to the wheel I did see an improvement in my laptimes (but I am a slow pilot so it could be from practice, the new wheel or both?).

Even if someone told me that I would never improve my laptimes with a G27 over a DFP I still would buy and use the G27 for the immersion factor!
:)

I would say go for it and get the CSR and some new pedals!
:)

The CSR is a good upgrade from the dfgt. I have a dfgt as a back up and I was using a CSR for a couple months until I upgraded to a csr elite. The dfgt is a good wheel for the price. I'm not sure about Huttu but it's actually what Ray Afalla uses and he won the oval dwc last season and currently leading the dwc points right now. Lot of people like the dfgt because is has so many buttons which is a plus, but the csr is a much better wheel with better and smoother force feedback as well as faster turning and just built from better quality products, but of course at a higher price. Like these other guys said the pedals make the bigger difference in in iracing opposed to the wheel. Get a good set pedals with a load cell like the clubsports and than will make the biggest difference.

Thanks for the replies. Yeah, I do own a 360 also, In fact Forza4 only has about 15mins played time on it because I wanted the game bad, but couldn't get the a good wheel at the time

Back