Wheel question

  • Thread starter Thread starter JCE
  • 18 comments
  • 1,176 views

JCE

Messages
6,769
Germany
Little Elm, TX
Messages
JCE3000GT
So I'm bored and looking up wheels for my van and come across someone on a Chrysler forum making a statement that Charger/Magnum/300 wheels will fit. So I look at the sizes and see...

Town & Country: 5 x 4.50 or 5 x 114.3
Charger/Magnum/300: 5 x 4.53 or 5 x 115

So using as plain english as possible tell me if these are interchangable or not.

Thanks.
 
The numbers do not match, so. No.
Edit: I stand corrected. I guess you can find someone that'll let you borrow a wheel off their car and see how well it fits.
 
Last edited:
Yes, they will fit. Several of the guys on LHforums.net are running the 20" SRT wheels and the 17" Charger wheels on their Intrepids/300Ms. The bolt pattern on the Intrepid/300M is 5x114.3 and the bolt pattern on the SRT/LX wheels is 5x115.

The only issue I can see is rubbing if the wheels are too wide. I'm not sure the stock width on your van, but it's probably 7-7.5 inches like the other LH body cars of the same vintage.
 
Last edited:
They will probably go on the car, but it's not a great fitment. It would be better if the bolt circles matched exactly.
 
Yes, they will fit. Several of the guys on LHforums.net are running the 20" SRT wheels and the 17" Charger wheels on their Intrepids/300Ms. The bolt pattern on the Intrepid/300M is 5x114.3 and the bolt pattern on the SRT/LX wheels is 5x115.

The only issue I can see is rubbing if the wheels are too wide. I'm not sure the stock width on your van, but it's probably 7-7.5 inches like the other LH body cars of the same vintage.

215/65/16 is what is on there right now. So that's 6.5" stock. I'd imagine as long as I don't do any hard cornering I should be ok with wider wheels? Thanks for the info! I'd like to get some good Charger/Magnum wheels on the van at some point.

They will probably go on the car, but it's not a great fitment. It would be better if the bolt circles matched exactly.

True, at least its just for looks and not performance applications eh? :lol:

I think the van would look good on some 17" 5-stars don't you? I also want tint on the front windows and the Caravan Sport spoiler on the top of the rear hatch. :D
 
Well, my 'van has the 17" version of the Neon R/T wheels (rounded 5-spokes) and I think those look good on it. I haven't thought about sourcing wheels from other cars. I do wish these wheels were an inch wider.
 
You should see if you can find some Crusader wheels. :D They are the ones that came on the Intrepid R/T and Caravan Sport.

They come in chrome:


Non Chrome:
(ignore the ugly bodykit)


And Black w/ chrome lip:


Those are the rarest because they only came on the Motorsport edition Intrepid R/T


Here's some pics of LH body cars with the 17" Charger wheels and 20" 300C SRT8 wheels:



 
Those two LH cars look good wearing those wheels. :eek: The wheels on the Chrysler one is the ones I like. 👍

Well, my 'van has the 17" version of the Neon R/T wheels (rounded 5-spokes) and I think those look good on it. I haven't thought about sourcing wheels from other cars. I do wish these wheels were an inch wider.

Got pics? :D
 
JCE
Those two LH cars look good wearing those wheels. :eek: The wheels on the Chrysler one is the ones I like. 👍


Indeed. I'd love to get a set of the 300C SRT8 wheels for my car since they look pretty similar to my stock wheels. :D

You should check out LXforums.com in their for sale section if you havn't. You can probably find some nice deals on those Charger wheels there. 👍
 
You should see if you can find some Crusader wheels.

Non Chrome:
(ignore the ugly bodykit)

JCE
Got pics? :D

Those are the wheels on my Caravan. 2001 long-wheelbase GC Sport, in silver. I'd kind of like to have a set of the MS Intrepid wheels for it.
 
Those are the wheels on my Caravan. 2001 long-wheelbase GC Sport, in silver. I'd kind of like to have a set of the MS Intrepid wheels for it.

I'd like to see a pic of what they look like on a van. And I didn't know you had one of these either? Mine is also the LWB model. Gotta love the extra room!
 


Unfortunately, that's the best I could find on Google images.
 
That looks alright.

But I really want the R/T wheels.
 
Looks like according to: http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

235/55-17 will be the size that I can use that won't throw my speedo out of wack. 235/50-18 would also work. My question is 235 is 8" wide? How bad would it rub if I went from 215 to 235 (or 245)? I don't know what offset my OEM wheels are or the LX wheels. 245/40-18 or 245/50-17 would work if I went with a 245 wide tire. Just concerned about rubbing...

Here are my wheels for those who want to help me find the offset info.
IMG_0768-2.jpg


I wish I had the money because these are a great deal and look fantastic!
 
JCE
So I'm bored and looking up wheels for my van and come across someone on a Chrysler forum making a statement that Charger/Magnum/300 wheels will fit. So I look at the sizes and see...

Town & Country: 5 x 4.50 or 5 x 114.3
Charger/Magnum/300: 5 x 4.53 or 5 x 115

So using as plain english as possible tell me if these are interchangable or not.

Thanks.

they're different for a reason. not recommended.
i have to ask why you would wanna spend that kind of money though, for a van?

anyways, as for your tire size question, measure the distance between the inside of the tire/wheel and the suspension. all you need is about 1/2 an inch and you're clear. (most cars have 1-2 inches)
 
they're different for a reason. not recommended.

It's really not that big of a deal. It's a fact that lots of people run wheels like that with zero problems. Besides the rubbing issue, the only other thing that could possible happen would be a slight vibration at high speed, but seeing as how it's a van, I don't think he is going to have that issue.


i have to ask why you would wanna spend that kind of money though, for a van?

Because he can? It's his vehicle, let him do what he wants with it. At least he wants to do something that looks nice. It's a lot better than these people putting 30" rims on stock hubs with stock studs and stock brakes on a 30 year old car.
 
It's really not that big of a deal. It's a fact that lots of people run wheels like that with zero problems. Besides the rubbing issue, the only other thing that could possible happen would be a slight vibration at high speed, but seeing as how it's a van, I don't think he is going to have that issue.




Because he can? It's his vehicle, let him do what he wants with it. At least he wants to do something that looks nice. It's a lot better than these people putting 30" rims on stock hubs with stock studs and stock brakes on a 30 year old car.

Thanks for having my back. :D There's nothing wrong for wanting to add some neat rims to an otherwise boring car right?
 
I just put 235/55/17s on my stock 17" Crusaders, and I have zero clearance issues and minimal speedometer error. However, the wheel is none too wide for that section. If I was going for 245s I would definitely want a wider wheel.
 
Back