Wheel Settings T300rs or others

• Thread starter torque99
  • 23 comments
England
England
I have been on/off for a while messing around with the few settings they give you but on my T300RS thrustmaster I have now found a compromise which pretty much gives a good FFB and good feel to the wheel and most cars (there are a few that spin out too much still) but most are ok and not too much under/over steer (But the cars still needs taming compared to PCars etc) but overall happy with the wheel now, so that times are getting pretty much the same as the DS4 (At last)

My settings

Manual Gears!

Rotation(angle) 780 degrees

FFB- 90%

Wheel Assist- On

Wheel Vibration- Low

DRIVECLUB™_20151227061745.jpg

What is your wheel and what settings do you use to help others in the future who get a wheel.... 👍:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Interesting thread, I'll try your settings. I've left everything as is and wasn't feeling it.

I'll try those settings tomorrow.

My T300 settings are:
Angle 440°
FFB 100%
Assist on
Vibration off

Edit
Angle 540°
FFB 90%
Assist on
Vibration off

Last edited:
My t300 settings:
Rotation angle-990*
Force feedback-70%
Wheel assist-off
Wheel vibration-low

Last edited:
A few little handy starting tips if these help out anyone on :gtpflag:

Wow you guys have a wide difference in rotation angles. I found the lower ones 440-660 degrees are too much and one slight turn the whole car goes round the bend too sharply while too high 900+ and it is too loose and does not make the bend!

Edit #1: I have fine tweaked the above and put the FFB high to 90% and Vibration to Low. This works for me but it is all about trial and error and worth the time to keep tweaking it. The one thing I will say is you WILL spin out if you either hit the brake and turn or turn too early, you really have to brake (straight line as you can to take the momentum out and then turn and drive normal). Other than that It really brings the game alive racing through Chile Putre at 150mph with 10 other F12 Ferraris in Legend is Fun :))

p.s It is a must to practice first on 'manual gears' up & down shifts on the wheel and hold the gears on the bends rather than braking in auto (which spins you). This will also help you use 'manual gears' on DS4 (much more fun!) A good place to practice with the wheel with out too many sharp turns if new to the wheel or DC is IndiaRace Track Tamil Nadu (track No.2) this is really just glide and brake with some drifting to practice on (Handbrake is circle (D Pad) on the wheel) not easy to have fingers on the gear and there at the same time ;) ) otherwise just thrash the cars out on this track first. The ones that I started on and are pretty solid with the wheel are:
Audi TTRS, Ferrari 488 GTB, Jag F-Type, Alfa 4c, AMG GT3, Renault R.s 01.

Avoid the Hyper cars, light cars (atom,caterhams.KTM etc) and the RUF RT cars as they slide out a bit more and need taming!

Top Tip. To get level 15 quickly on a car, use this track- set to Time Trial in Light/Heavy rain and do 5-10 laps with the handbrake to drift each corner (don't worry about your TT time!) then you can get up to 5-6k at speed with one drift :eek: if you hit the edge of the sand right you seem to get another few 1000's!! This easy can get you to 50-60k Fame X 2 100k in one sitting & or nearly one whole level in 5-10 mins as you are also racking up your miles to hit the accolades etc

Good luck 👍

Last edited:
It is easy to spin out with a wheel. That is why I try to stay away from the Ariel atom because that car is nothing but a undriveable death machine. I would go for 100,000 fame in one go if I have to do level up something really high.

Changed my settings a bit (see post #3) and was able to set a better time in an ongoing Evolution race challenge. Jumped from 13th to 6th.

upload_2015-12-27_9-53-39.jpeg

Last edited:
I have edited my wheel settings yesterday. This setting is much tighter:
Rotation - 780*
Force feedback - 60%
Wheel assist - off
Wheel vibration - medium

Ok wheel users,I treated myself to a Logitech g29 recently and after a couple of weeks of use,this is what I'm using at the moment.While I'm not a fast as with a pad,the fun factor makes up for it,and the gap between the 2 is slowly narrowing.The main problem with the wheel for me,is it's tough to jump into a new car and be up to speed straight away(which I can do on a pad ). It takes me a a few laps(sometimes a lot of laps) to 'get' the car on the wheel,which is a nightmare for multiplayer!Also when I lose it with the wheel (either due to my error or someone elses) it tends to end very badly,one of those painful 180's that see's me well off the back of the pack.It hurts because I know on a pad I would have got away with a lot less penalty.

Anyway here's my settings:

Manual gears
440 degrees
force feedback 60%
wheel assist off
vibration off

I know that 440 seems low,I originally ran 600 i think,but was doing a challenge on Los Pelambres in the Zonda and the handling just felt too slow and sloppy for that tight course.I'm doing a challenge in the Atom on Munnar reverse atm and the 440 isn't a problem there either.
Do any of you change angle depending on the car/circuit btw,or always stick to the same?

Do any of you change angle depending on the car/circuit btw,or always stick to the same?
No, too cumbersome. But it would be nice to be able to do this from e.g. a quick in-race or pre-race menu.

I have been on/off for a while messing around with the few settings they give you but on my T300RS thrustmaster I have now found a compromise which pretty much gives a good FFB and good feel to the wheel and most cars (there are a few that spin out too much still) but most are ok and not too much under/over steer (But the cars still needs taming compared to PCars etc) but overall happy with the wheel now, so that times are getting pretty much the same as the DS4 (At last)

My settings

Manual Gears!

FFB- 90%

Wheel Assist- On

Wheel Vibration- Low

View attachment 495804

My settings with T300RS are rotation 540, wheel assist off vibration low FBB 60%.
I tested various rotation but nothing changed ( for me).

What is your wheel and what settings do you use to help others in the future who get a wheel.... 👍:gtpflag:

My settings

Manual Gears!

FFB- 90%

Wheel Assist- On

Wheel Vibration- Low

View attachment 495804

I've just got a PS4 as a present, and I immediatly bought Driveclub. Usually, I'm not a huge fan of arcade racing games but Driveclub is visually mind-blowing, with an extreme speed sensation and really fun :D

I have a rig with a t500rs that I use with GT6. I have the same "problem" that I have with GT6 since 1.12 update => the game doesn't seem to simulate the "power steering". That means that the wheel is really hard to turn (when the car is stopped AND even when the car is moving !). I tried the Wheel Assist option but I don't see any differences :confused: (and I don't even know what is the purpose of this option). Can you guys test this option and tell me what's your feeling about it ?

With GT6, I've found a "solution", I use a real wheel (35cm of diameter instead of the original 30cm) which reduce significantly the force I need to use. Unfortunately, I can't do that in Driveclub because I need the buttons on the wheel as the game deactivate the dualshock once the wheel is plugged-in.

Has the force feedback been sorted now? When i had my T300 it felt like there was basically none coming from PCars....Might rebuy it tonight and get the G29 setup on it if fixed.

After hours of testing, this is my settings with my t500rs :

Gears- Manual
Rotation(angle)- 540 degrees
FFB- 40%
Wheel Assist- Off
Wheel Vibration- Off

The wheel is still a little heavy but with only 540°, it's easier to counter steer than my original setting (1080°). Sometimes the rotation setting seems to be reset, I just push start, go to the wheel settings, come back to the race and everything goes back to normal oO

Is it just me, or is there a weird (and very unpleasant and jarring) input delay when steering with a G29? The game's steering feels very direct via DS4, and yet via wheel the whole game feels ever so slightly, but very pervasively, disconnected from my actions... :ouch:

Is it just me, or is there a weird (and very unpleasant and jarring) input delay when steering with a G29? The game's steering feels very direct via DS4, and yet via wheel the whole game feels ever so slightly, but very pervasively, disconnected from my actions... :ouch:

I don't find there's a delay with my G29,but there is a big difference in feel from the DS4.I think maybe the feeling of delay is just the fact that on the DS4 you can go from centre position to full turn in a tiny flick of the stick whereas on the wheel it takes much more of a physical motion to get the same result.I have my rotation angle set to 440,which looking at other peoples settings,is quite sensitive,even so the ds4 stick is quicker to make large changes in steering inputs.Took me a couple of weeks to adapt,but I wouldn't go back to the pad now :)

I don't find there's a delay with my G29,but there is a big difference in feel from the DS4.I think maybe the feeling of delay is just the fact that on the DS4 you can go from centre position to full turn in a tiny flick of the stick whereas on the wheel it takes much more of a physical motion to get the same result.I have my rotation angle set to 440,which looking at other peoples settings,is quite sensitive,even so the ds4 stick is quicker to make large changes in steering inputs.Took me a couple of weeks to adapt,but I wouldn't go back to the pad now :)

It's not that the steering is slow, as such, (it seems very accurate and quick really), but rather that the game performs your input a little bit later than you would like. I'm perfectly happy with how the wheel feels and acts (having used a G25 for about 8 years on a multitude of games, before upgrading to a G29 and using that for some time), as the issue is more to do with the fact that the delay exists between me inputting the wheel motion and the game outputting the result. It's fine on GT6, and on PCARS and Assetto Corsa on PC, but Driveclub always feels a little off. It's fine with a DS4, but the G29 has an odd feeling of input lag that is persistent and irritating enough for me to just use the DS4 on it. It's a shame, really, as otherwise the steering seems quite good on a wheel.

Am I allowed to mention the T150 on here? I know it's a poor cousin, but the only one I can afford right now... :(

Like @chzsln485 it feels a little... 'loose' and disconnected, like there's a weird deadzone centre wheel, and the lag seems high.

Anyone have any settings for the T150 on DC that might help?

Cheers

Ah man, can someone please guide me, I bought this wheel with the stand and tpa pedals and I just couldn't get any good while on the controller I can get to first pretty easy. So the wheel has been sitting there collecting dust or so for the last year, I recently tried to play again and it's so damn frustrating. Another car taps me, I spin, I turn at high speeds or low speeds, I spin, another wards I suck and all I do is spend out of control. Any advice or videos or suggestions would be great as I spent a lot of money on this and I want to enjoy it. Thank you.

Last edited:
Ah man, can someone please guide me, I bought this wheel with the stand and tpa pedals and I just couldn't get any good while on the controller I can get to first pretty easy. So the wheel has been sitting there collecting dust or so for the last year, I recently tried to play again and it's so damn frustrating. Another car taps me, I spin, I turn at high speeds or low speeds, I spin, another wards I suck and all I do is spend out of control. Any advice or videos or suggestions would be great as I spent a lot of money on this and I want to enjoy it. Thank you.

I understand what you guys mean, it feels like there is no deadzone and the wheel delays the turns, this comes across more if you have just played Pcars where the wheel feels much more 'accurate'. I guess as it is arcade you have to tweak your driving style.

My advice ^^ @zero_zep is on Post#5 above. I wouldn't worry about coming first on the wheel to start with the DS4 will always be quicker for the real challenging courses/races look at the wheel as more 'fun' on DC. I would take a circuit you are happy with and know well then find a car you like and handles well (hot hatch or sport to start with) and just keep lapping until you win a race, even put the AI on Rookie to start with or practice 10 laps on TT and don't quit and finish the 10 laps even if you spin. Then move to another track and practice. My main tip still stands and that is if you brake and turn heavy you will spin, try to brake and not touch or grab the wheel too much and then turn in once you feel you have the grip, It isn't the easiest on DC and I admit to going back to DS4 for quite a few weeks, but jumping back on the wheel it does require a longer session to get used to it. So just go for one track and one car for your first few tries on the wheel and then move on to the harder tracks and don't look to win straight away (you will and it feels good when you do on Legend) Try Chile-Chungara Lake and Tamil Nadu01-03 or Kyle Scotland P2P- all good tracks for the wheel with not much chance of too many spin outs - Good Luck:tup:

I feel your pain! For me it took 2 weeks of constantly losing the backend before it started to click and I started to feel comfortable(but not fast in comparison the pad).Liftoff oversteer is so much more of a problem on the wheel,and the cause of much of my frustration to begin with.You have to be very aware of your throttle/brake control coming into a corner,I found it much worse on fast long curves transitioning into a tight corner.As a general guide,when I first started I would kind of use the brake and throttle more separately,now I use them together more and ease off the power a little rather than fully lifting(it's tough to explain).

Some cars which were really easy on the pad,I found horrible on the wheel to begin with,for example the Alfa 4c and the Audi R8.Find a car that you struggle with the least(I seem to remember the Ferrari 458 speciale being my go to car) and stick with it,do plenty of laps in TT mode(you can deal with traffic later!) on a track you know inside out.You will get there,it just takes patience :)

I got my wheel at Xmas,in January I sucked,every week I've got more and more confident with it,this week I set a world record in the FxxK in the dry at Godoshaira,woo!!

Best of luck!

Latest Posts

Back