Wheel Settings???

• Thread starter john1673
  • 6 comments
jaytee1973/ GTP_SponyB
Well the good news for me is ive finally bought a wheel. UNfortunatly the good lady nearly had a heart attack when i was going to opt for the G25 and its £170+ price tag.....so i went for the DF GT in the interests of peace! Still waiting on my stand though.However I managed to make a makeshift stand type-thing for an hour this afternoon and skidded my way all over suzuka and fuji.

Anyway, i'm wondering after monkeying around with the wheel settings in the options menu,are there some feedback/power steering settings i should be going for in the interests of realism? Or is it strictly down to preference?

All down to preference mate. Also, as for the G25 price tag, isn't a DFGT £120? I got my G25 for £150 from Amazon. So if you paid £120 for your DFGT you could have got a G25 for another £30.

All down to preference mate. Also, as for the G25 price tag, isn't a DFGT £120? I got my G25 for £150 from Amazon. So if you paid £120 for your DFGT you could have got a G25 for another £30.

That had to have been used.

I've been scowering the net for cheaper "new" G25's, to no avail for months. Amazon is consistently one of the more expensive buying options.

;)

I've been scowering the net for cheaper "new" G25's, to no avail for months. Amazon is consistently one of the more expensive buying options.

;)

I got my from Amazon, it was on sale and brand new, It was a year ago and saved myself 50 buks. Same with Playseats evo chair, I saved littile over 100 buks... Amazon is good but you need good timing to get sale.

;)

For the US, you're right, Amazon is quite expensive ($270, compared to the RRP of $300).

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000GP8448/?tag=gtplanet-20

However, if you look at that link you'll see its not even sold by Amazon US, but just some random seller.

On Amazon UK the wheel is £156 (was £149 when I got mine) compared to the RRP of £200.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000I7NRNC/?tag=gtplanetuk-20

Also, on Amazon UK, that price is from Amazon themselves and not just a random seller. I have been hard pressed to find the same wheel brand new for much less in the UK, apart from Ebay, but I prefer to buy from proper stores when purchasing such expensive items. Ebay sellers can just disappear if something goes wrong, Amazon cant.

Even on ebay, the cheapest iv seen is £120 - £130.

Anyway, i'm wondering after monkeying around with the wheel settings in the options menu,are there some feedback/power steering settings i should be going for in the interests of realism? Or is it strictly down to preference?

It's mostly down to personal preference I guess. With my DFP I'm currently using Active/ASM off, power assist off and feedback set to 7. I'm considering higher feedback with power assist, or turning down the strength to 5 or 6 as I don't have a proper cockpit.
I'm gonna mess around a bit with the active steering too as I'm still looking for a bit more natural, rubbery feel.

I'm most likely not gonna upgrade my wheel until the full release, and if I do it'll probably be to the DFGT and not the G25.

To stray slightly off topic - has anyone noticed any differences in center response and "bite" between the DFP and DFGT? What I mean by "bite" is that the DFP seems really dead until about 10-20 degrees of lock, when it suddenly hooks up in a strangely digital-y way.

Edit: Active Steering actually helped give the steering a bit more natural feel in my opinion... though it did introduce quite a bit of understeer. It didn't seem to do much to stop back-end twitching, which means it's not as "intrusive" as I feared. Might be something to consider for grip racing, although I'll keep it off for now since I'm still learning.

Last edited:
Back