Wheel setup plugged or unplugged when start up or not in use ?

United States
Oregon
ILLEAGLE_34
Curious if there’s a proper procedure when powering up? Do you leave the usb cable plugged in and what about the power supply cord? Does any of this make a difference?🍻
I always leave my g29 plugged in a ps4 and the wall but I also make sure to turn off the ps4 and not let it go into rest mode. 🍻

Curious if there’s a proper procedure when powering up? Do you leave the usb cable plugged in and what about the power supply cord? Does any of this make a difference?🍻
I always leave my g29 plugged in a ps4 and the wall but I also make sure to turn off the ps4 and not let it go into rest mode. 🍻
With my old G29, I always left it plugged into the console and unplugged the power supply. There is always a possibility of a power supply overheating and causing a fire. Also, it will probably shorten the life of the power supply and even the steering wheel.
My new G923 requires the wheel not to be plugged into the PS5 console until you have started and logged into the console in order for the True Force to work.

Back