Wheel Setup

• Thread starter BLJK Ice
  • 20 comments
Canada
Vancouver
Hi I've recently gotten a DFGT wheel and I'm wondering what setting on FF and Am/Pro/Sim should I use. Also what's the difference between them. I would like to ask general tips etc too. Thanks :D

Force Feedback is all up to your preference. Some people like heavy steering while others like light. I have mine on 9 right now for the DFGT. I don't think the Amateur, Pro, and Sim settings are for the DFGT. They're for older wheels.

Tips: PRACTICE!!! 👍

Force Feedback is all up to your preference. Some people like heavy steering while others like light. I have mine on 9 right now for the DFGT. I don't think the Amateur, Pro, and Sim settings are for the DFGT. They're for older wheels.

Tips: PRACTICE!!! 👍

I am not of much help but for the G27, I use Ten Force Feedback witch most known NZ/AUS teams use. E.g JDMT,Rapid Crab Drifters, Southern Sliders, and Simulation. But I also know people who use One Force Feedback and to me it feels useless, Personally, I would take the time to see witch works best for you!

Force feedback just strengthens the resistance of the wheel right? thanks

Yes it strengthens the resistance but be careful the DFGT is cheaper so if you keep the feedback high all the time it wil wear out quicker especially driving red bulls i have always kept mine to 5. Amatuer is the only setting compatiable with this wheel Pro and Sim do nothing. A little bit of advice also dont use active steering with feedback it will cause the wheel to not functions right it with jump and jolt when turning making it hard to control.

Yes it strengthens the resistance but be careful the DFGT is cheaper so if you keep the feedback high all the time it wil wear out quicker especially driving red bulls i have always kept mine to 5. Amatuer is the only setting compatiable with this wheel Pro and Sim do nothing. A little bit of advice also dont use active steering with feedback it will cause the wheel to not functions right it with jump and jolt when turning making it hard to control.
Thanks I'll keep this in mind. But FF doesn't really give that much advantage it's just personal preference

I have this weird problem when braking. On the bottom left part of the screen it says e-brake when I brake, but the car actually brakes and does not e-brake. Does this occur with all wheels or just dfgts or just my wheel?

Is it the circle with an exclamation mark i believe? Secondly when you done the very first coffee break challenge with the cones did you prompt to setup circle as handbrake? I didnt and it still comes on when i break i think it may just be a small glitch but idk since i have used any other wheel. Never drove with a controller since gt4 either so idk how that option is.

I set FFB to 4. Setting it too high can overload the wheel and cause it to lose feeling, though that may not matter in GT6 as the FFB effects aren't too great in the first place.

I would check your button mapping with the DFGT to see if you accidently set the e-brake the same as your braking button/pedal. That might be why. A good thing to do to check it is to stop the car completely then hit the brake button. if it comes on and goes off hit the pedal again if it stays on after the second pedal press then it is a button mapping issue.

and I'm wondering what setting on FF and Am/Pro/Sim should I use.

I recommend setting it to 10 and dialing down as you think is needed.

Also, the amatuer/pro/simulation setting only applies to the older Logitech wheels, so whichever setting you have it on will make no difference whatsoever.

I use 4 on my dfgt because that is what I use on gt5. The ffb in gt6 is noticeably stronger then gt5 so I don't recommend you dialing the force feedback on your wheel any higher then 8 or you are going to be fighting the car around the corners.

I recently replaced my DFGT with a new one and am currently using a force of 4. Power steering ON. Amateur/pro/simulation setting does not apply to this wheel.

As for that "e brake" symbol in the bottom left corner, that is nothing to worry about. It is just the game showing you what button you were pressing when using the default settings and a DualShock 3, so it reports the wrong thing when using a wheel, but it is for information only and it doesn't mean you have set up anything wrongly. There is an option somewhere to turn off those messages.

As an example, when I press the accelerator pedal, that little message says " X - accelerate ", even though I have mapped my X button on the wheel to flash the headlamps.

As you said the e-brake definitely was not applied, even though the message came up, you can either ignore it, or find the option to turn it off.

I haven't noticed any diff between the 2 but.....

There is a pretty big difference, when I tried power steering I noticed a lot of assistance especially when turning the wheel back to the straight position or counter steering, it was almost like the motors where actively working while spinning the wheel back to center instead of it being dead spinning, if you understand what I'm saying...

I have my force feedback set to 5 on my DFGT. I've tried going up to 10, but I quickly became worried that I might damage the wheel quicker, especially since I'm not the most skilled driver in GT6 and I tend to have a lot of crashes. I have no proof that setting it to 10 would damage the wheel, it was just a concern of mine. Leaving it set to 5 provides a very nice overall feel of the road and body roll. Good luck. I'm sure you'll enjoy the wheel immensely!

Back