Wheel size not just cosmetic only i assume?

  • Thread starter Thread starter VeeT1
  • 14 comments
  • 1,899 views
Messages
142
Curious as im surfing around the whel shop right now and see that i can increase wheel size. Thanks.
 
I wondering this too. I think it does effect the handling somewhat because I upped the wheel size on a couple cars without upgrading the suspension and they were bouncier through the turns. I could be wrong though.
 
Yea, i tested out a few but the word placebo effect is in the back of my head the whole time lol. Really want to find out.
 
I'd be pretty sure the effect is just cosmetic.
 
tires stay the same size. no idea about weight.
 
If PD overlooked the fact that it does change the performance I will be disappointed.
 
abit off topic but i wish you could change the wheel offset or be able to be spacers to be able to make stanced cars for photomode
 
Only managed to put in less than 2 hrs on the game so far...I got a +1 wheels for my jazz...not sure if it's placebo...but it sorta handle a little different....I actually though it grips better on normal size wheels...probably just placebo...
 
In real life larger wheels hurt the handling as the extra mass is unsprung... I'm pretty sure PD would have included that...
 
Tried out 17"inch wheels to 19" inch wheel in trial mountain for 5 laps each, im running nearly identicle time and feeling the turns feel the same. placebo effect too strong smh lol.
 
A larger wheel "should" mean lower profile tires and should grip better with less sidewall flexing but should lose grip more suddenly when the limit is reached as opposed to a more gradual loss of traction with "thicker" tires. Whether or not its modeled in game I dont have a clue. As for weight, it would depend on the stock wheel being replaced and which wheels theyre replaced with.
 
Leaning towards its just cosmetic now lol.

I'd tend to agree though it would be pretty dissapointing considering forza models weight and tire profile changes. PD kinda dropped the ball if they didnt include it.
 
My opinion.
Without having the option to change tire pressure in GT I have a feeling that the difference in wheel size and tire profile are no different than stock. Tire pressure alone changes the spring rate for that corner of the car.
Look here at a Daytona prototype tire.
9 DP tire.jpg



Just like buying new wheels in GT, with no effect on performance, just looks.

I have not looked into upgraded brakes, hopefully they perform better and are not just modeled to look better.
That is pointless.
 
Back