Wheel stand for small apartment

• Thread starter AlexWilmot
  • 15 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
AWRacing17
Hi All

So I have a T500RS with the pro pedals, I live in a small apartment with not much room so a foldable storage solution is ideal for me,
So I have found 3 solutions that could work of varying budgets but would like everyone input as to which is best

So I can get this:
6092146_R_Z001A_UC1201071

But i have concerns its is not sturdy enough for FFB and turning with the wheel, but runs at £12 and easily put away

GT omega stand, or the playseat challenge(Biggest use of space when storing)

What do other people use for small foldable storage typee scenarios? and has anyone tried to use a simple table and how has it worked out?

Pretty sure that table will be useless. It probably won't be able to even stand up on its own once you put the wheel onto it, never mind having to cope with steering and FFB forces.

That table looks like it won’t be able to handle the wheel or the brakes sliding underneath it.

Next Level Wheel stand is another folding option. I have that, it folds up and is sturdy enough for most wheel/pedals.

Edit: forgot to add. I tried my friends G27 on a small folding table. The pedals were sliding all over the place and the table wasn’t sturdy enough. It really ruins the experience imo.
You really want the pedals mounted to something, because you’ll be pushing your feet into it and it will slide otherwise.

Hi All

So I have a T500RS with the pro pedals, I live in a small apartment with not much room so a foldable storage solution is ideal for me,
So I have found 3 solutions that could work of varying budgets but would like everyone input as to which is best

So I can get this:
6092146_R_Z001A_UC1201071

But i have concerns its is not sturdy enough for FFB and turning with the wheel, but runs at £12 and easily put away

GT omega stand, or the playseat challenge(Biggest use of space when storing)

What do other people use for small foldable storage typee scenarios? and has anyone tried to use a simple table and how has it worked out?
Wheel Stand Pro. I have one (I reviewed it for GTP) and it fits in the boot of my MX-5 with the wheel on it when folded.

I also have the fold-up Next Level Racing stand (which I've just got around to flogging on ebay) and while it's definitely sturdier (much wider footprint) I just don't get on with it because I have to post myself into it and the pedal plate is just too long. Folds up nice though.

Last edited:
Wheel Stand Pro. I have one (I reviewed it for GTP) and it fits in the boot of my MX-5 with the wheel on it when folded.

I also have the fold-up Next Level Racing stand (which I've just got around to flogging on ebay) and while it's definitely sturdier (much wider footprint) I just don't get on with it because I have to post myself into it and the pedal plate is just too long. Folds up nice though.

Do you have any experience with how much bigger the playseat challenge is in comparison? if i go the wheel stand route I will only have the couch as a "chair" and be a fair distance away from the TV

Additionally how important is a back rest?

I had one of those tables as a side table in my old cinema room, it was basically useless. It could barely hold a bottle of beer steady, let alone a wheel with force feedback.

I also live in a one bedroom smaller apartment and I've got a GT Omega folding stand. Once I'm done racing I pull the rim off and fold the stand down. I went and got some round furniture sliders for carpet floors that I put on each of the stand's feet then slide it out of the way.

I have the GT Omega Apex wheel stand which also folds and it's quite small when folded and standing up. I have enough space to keep it open the whole time so like Jezza I put furniture sliders on the bottom to safely move it around my hardwood floors.

Thanks for the input all! will need to see where the other half will allow it to be stored and that will determine whether its a playseat challenge or the GT Omega/Wheel Stand Pro

Playseat I think would be really cool but super high storage wise, can't really think where it would go in our place

I have the GT Omega Apex wheel stand which also folds and it's quite small when folded and standing up. I have enough space to keep it open the whole time so like Jezza I put furniture sliders on the bottom to safely move it around my hardwood floors.

I feel like such an idiot. I just moved into my new apartment about 3 weeks ago. In my old apartment the tv was in a corner and there was room to just fold the stand down and have room to walk around the living room and I didn't have anywhere else to move it to.

In the new place the tv is center of the couch but there is a little 5x9 or so bonus room to the right of that wall so that is where the stand is stored now. But I guess due to habit I've still been folding it down each time. But when i saw your post it jarred me to thinking, "wait a minute, I've been folding it down each time even though I didn't have to". I could have just scooted it in there upright since it's out of the way anyhow. Glad I realized this now instead of 2 years or so down the road because that would have really made me angry. So thanks for waking me up :)

Back