Wheel To Sixaxis

• Thread starter adrnv
  • 5 comments
United States
CA
adrnv
So my Driving Force Wireless broke recently. It doesn't send the commands to the Playstation. Now my issue is how to drift on a sixaxis. I've changed the settings to replicate the paddle brake and throttle fromt he Drive Force. Anyone else has any tips on this transition? I've never drifted or drove on a sixaxis since GT4 a few years ago.

EDIT

I actually never drifted until months after GT5 came out. :X

Last edited:
Just actually finished this transition because I couldn't set my wheel up anywhere with my PS3.

I'm going to suggest to lower your controller sensitively and make your car setup to be twitchier and more responsive to your steering.

Also, handbrake is your friend :lol: You'll be abusing it a lot so get ready to mash the circle button.

Thanks for the tip, I tried it out after reading this and it is a little easier. I left my simulation settings or whatever it's called as Professional. I just don't like the idea of relying on the handbrake so much.

I have atip. Set R2 as gas, L2 as brake, move the e-brake to X, downshift with Square, upshift with O, and relocate the horn from its original position on L3. :D 👍

That was my first set up for the buttons, just like paddle throttle/brake from the Driving Force wheel I had. I found the default settings to be easier to use for only one thing: right analog stick. I moved the horn so that I'm not accidentally using it with the left analog. My next step could be using R3 as the handbrake.

I have atip. Set R2 as gas, L2 as brake, move the e-brake to X, downshift with Square, upshift with O, and relocate the horn from its original position on L3. :D 👍

+1

That's my setup as well. It lets me foot brake, handbrake, and downshift all at the same time...and I use the right stick for looking out my side windows when tandeming, R3 is my horn

Back