Wheel VS. Controller Tuning

TurkeyBurgers
Hey just wondering if anyone does controller specific tunes. Alot of the ones on the board are for wheel drivers, although I find I can mix and match to get something decent. Anyone tune for controller? It's a dirty job but someone has to do it.

My tunes are tuned using a controller. I believe the Lion's Den tunes with controller as well, not sure about 888. I have never heard of any complaints related to wheel/controller issues.

Nice! Do you use traction control? Or just skills to keep it inline? I find I have to use Active Steering Mild/Strong pretty much all expert races. I also have to use traction control because I just can't feather the stupid button! For me it is either gas/ no gas lol. You can tell for me I am pretty slow around the corners. I almost always get outpaced because of it. Any suggestions for a controller guy?

Yep, use the analog triggers or sticks for throttle. And keep TC and ASM off, they're more of a pain in the butt than help at pro physics.

My tunes are tuned using a controller. I believe the Lion's Den tunes with controller as well, not sure about 888. I have never heard of any complaints related to wheel/controller issues.

Indeed, all my tunes have been tuned with a controller, although I've had plenty of comments on how well they work with either.

When I switched to a wheel (G25) from the sixaxis I found I had to make significant changes to some of my set-ups... I'd been using a lot of -ve rear toe on 4wd cars to counteract the understeer, when I switched to the wheel I found this made the cars very unstable whilst turning under brakes. On the R8, IIRC, I went from -0.2 to +0.05.

Back