Wheel

• Thread starter Gyro1780
  • 10 comments
England
Surrey
Spoox777
My apologies as i'm sure this has been posted 100 times before.
I've decided i want to purchase a wheel early 2017 so i'm ready for GT Sport. I don't know anything about the wheels available so need some advice on which ones i should be looking at please. I've always used a controller for racing but don't feel i'm getting the most from the games without a wheel. I currently play PCars & AC.
I cannot afford the most expensive ones & i don't want a cheap one either. Something mid-priced. May even purchase a seat too.
Any recommendations please?

Thank you :)

Don't know where you live but I saw the T300RS on sale for half price in the U.S. yesterday.

My apologies as i'm sure this has been posted 100 times before.
I've decided i want to purchase a wheel early 2017 so i'm ready for GT Sport. I don't know anything about the wheels available so need some advice on which ones i should be looking at please. I've always used a controller for racing but don't feel i'm getting the most from the games without a wheel. I currently play PCars & AC.
I cannot afford the most expensive ones & i don't want a cheap one either. Something mid-priced. May even purchase a seat too.
Any recommendations please?

Thank you :)

Hi Gyro - I notice that you are in the UK. If you can my advice is to buy a wheel now while the Black Friday / Cyber Monday sales are on. You can get a Thrustmaster T150 from Maplin for £99.99 plus you get a £5 voucher or spend over £100 and you get a £10 voucher. I know that drivers can be fast with this wheel because a T150 user recently won one of the online championships which I host.

Budget for a good stand or a rig / seat. I use a Wheelstand Pro (about £90) for marital / family reasons - no way would they let me have a rig. The stand folds for easy storage and is easy to transport to a friends house if you want to race away from home.

The Logitech G29 is on offer at the moment at PC World for £129.99 or £159.99 including the shifter. It probably won't make you any faster than a T150 on GT6 or GTS. You are paying extra to get three pedals, but you won't need the clutch unless you pay £159.99 and get the shifter included. The clutch model was poor in GT5 and GT6 so will probably also be poor in GTS.

The Thrustmaster T300 costs a lot more and provides the option of changeable rims, but in my experience probably won't make you any faster and you probably won't change the rims (I have a T500 and almost never change rims). I'm just as fast on a friends DFGT even though it feels toylike in comparison.

If you get a wheel now you will have plenty of time to transition from a controller - if you wait till GTS comes out you will not have enough time to transition and wheels will be more expensive. They jump in price when GT titles are launched - DFGT's doubled in price when GT6 launched for example.

Not sure if I got mine from these guys or Alza in March of this year, but I managed to get it for £323 back then. Received a UK plug adaptor with it, that was my only concern pre-purchase. Not a problem.

https://www.wheelstandcentre.com/producten/racing-wheels/playstation.html

I'd kept an eye on it since it was announced then released, at the time some of the pricing was all over the place, £318-620. I had a feeling it would probably go up and stay there, but I'm sure you could still get it if you looked at the £340-60 mark.

Took a lot of hunting, tracking before I dropped the cash, but it's the best package in its class with the pedals. Best wheel I've had. Not had a problem with it at all.

It's still it's RRP of £399 on the official TM site: http://shop.thrustmaster.com/en_gb/t300-ferrari-integral-racing-wheel-alcantara-edition.html

Last edited:
I have the Logitech G29, and it works just fine to me. If I remember correctly it's near the $300 mark, but I got mine on Black Friday last year so it was cheaper.

Back