wheelies

• Thread starter Lightsped
  • 22 comments
Rumor has it that most of the bikes in TT can't be wheelied. But I have seen photos of some wheelies. How are some bikes able to do wheelies and other bikes can't? In real life all of these bikes (except the scooters) should be able to get the front tire off the ground....

How are wheelies done in TT?

Ok, it’s important to note that many bikes in TT would struggle to wheelie (under power) in real life. With that being said, PD has failed to develop the physics engine/wheelie selection algorithm to an acceptable level for TT’s retail release.

Some notable cockups:
No wheelies for the powerful sporty naked bikes!
-Triumph Speed Triple
-Kawasaki Z1000
-MV Agusta Brutale 910
(The above bikes are some of the easiest machines to mono in existence.)

-The CBR1000RR and the CBR 954 can’t wheelie on tarmac, though they will do it easily on grass! CBR600RR wheelies in first three gears.
-The Hayabusa won’t wheelie.
-The Motards can’t wheelie, and hence they’re pretty much useless.

I’ve been keeping a list of the wheelie machines, and I’ll upload it at a later point.

I noticed it too. Some can't and some can. Bit of a shame really. But it does not make the game less fun.

After further research, it seems that some of the grounded bikes are more able to wheelie when equipped with the ‘limited supply parts’ tyre. Further, if you are having trouble lofting the front, do a stoppie then follow with the wheelie. The 1000RR can now get it up on the bitumen…:sly:

Neocrox
So, you are telling me that scooters can't wheelie? I live in scootersland, the Netherlands, everyone that turns 16 goes to the store and buys a scooter..

http://www.scooter-freaks.nl/wallpapers/download/800/fx2vtjjkre.jpg
This, is a scooter..:sly:
http://www.scooter-freaks.nl/wallpapers/download/800/gd3o1otyy1.jpg
w00t, this is a scooter to!

these guys obviously don't ride.haha
they're probably in the wrong gear and out of the power band.
i hope this game shows people what it takes to ride hard. even tho this isn't real...it gives you an idea. i used to drive hard on street and track(350Z).
after i got an R1 and learned how to ride hard and fast thru corners...i don't see racing cars in the same light. it's all about two wheels!! nothing beats dragging your knee thru a corner with the tarmac inches from your body.

FatAssBR
I think you can't wheelie any bike in Challenge Mode.

Well I think thats legit, because wheeling'd be sort of cheating...assuming that when wheeling you're gathering speed much faster and therefore being able to beat the AI much easily.

Something I don't understand though, is why bikes are hard to control while off Challenge mode? Like when playing Arcade / Free Run / Race Event modes :( Its suddenly becomes much harder, too much braking (using the analog stick) and your back wheel lifts off & lose control and crash. Any cheering up on that?

Are you playing with Professional Mode on? Maybe in Challenge Mode the TCS is always on too, so it's easier to play. But I don't find Challenge Mode any easier than the other game modes.

FatAssBR
Are you playing with Professional Mode on? Maybe in Challenge Mode the TCS is always on too, so it's easier to play. But I don't find Challenge Mode any easier than the other game modes.

I think you might be right, tho the damn chinese makes it hard to get around err.

Back