Wheels and slim PS2

• Thread starter ED209
  • 7 comments
This thread isn't 100% GT4 but I'd always wanted a force feedback wheel to play GT4 with, and I saw a second hand one for £5 thought well nothing to lose, and everything to gain.

Its a thrustmaster force feedback which came with F1 2001, yes I know its old, but the thing is it works with my nephews old style PS2 and GT3 but doesn't work with my PS2 slimline and GT4, I've even tried it with TOCA race driver 2 and enthusia, but it doesn't work with any of them, but works with my PC, any ideas??????

The fact that the PS2 is slim or not should not affect whether a wheel works or not. It is up to the game progammers to decide which wheel works/doesn't work

I don't know about that particular wheel, but there were other wheels that worked with GT3 that don't work in GT4. The red Momo Force being the obvious one.

Errr, you just plug it in.

Most new wheels are usb. Even if it's a dedicated PS2 wheel like the DFP, you can still get drivers that allow use on a PC.

My friend had this problem with the joytech williams f1 wheel. It worked on my old style PS2 but not on his slimline, maybe its a universal thing.

GT_Fan2005
does this work with all USB wheels?
All usb wheels should work on the PC as you can usually find some drivers that will work with it.

On the PS2, you really need a PS2 compatible wheel as you can't be sure the game will support it. For example, none of the Microsoft Sidewinder wheels work on any PS2 game even tho' they are usb.

vtec_guy
My friend had this problem with the joytech williams f1 wheel. It worked on my old style PS2 but not on his slimline, maybe its a universal thing.
Hmm, strange. I presume both PS2s were running the same game?

yup, my friend was using GT4 and so was I.
The screen on the wheel wouldnt light up on his and when he tried it on his old PS2 it recognised it but his old ps2 doesnt read CDs, hence him having a new one.

Back