Wheels in GT3

  • Thread starter Thread starter Thio
  • 15 comments
  • 670 views
Messages
3,422
today, i was drifting on R246 with my Skyline V-Spec II and i just bought these really nice black rims. when i tried to drift with them, it was harder to get the car sideways, but when i installed the normal ones back, the car was easier to slide.

did anyone notice that or is it just me? :confused:
 
its probably just a mental thing.. the rims don't affect the car much.. probably by... what.. 2 kg?
 
I've never noticed any changes in weight when installing new wheels... I was always pretty sure it was just a cosmetic difference.
 
:confused:

I had thought cosmetic,

except for of course the magical wheels of fairy wings,
 
no someone posted before saying that their car was lightened by an amazing, 2 kg! :o
 
Originally posted by halfracedrift
no someone posted before saying that their car was lightened by an amazing, 2 kg! :o

fairy wing wheels...

like I said

:cool:
 
:lol: It doesn't make a difference.
 
my stupid head is playing tricks on me!

*puts curse on it* :p
 
Heh, i guess it is :p
 
Originally posted by halfracedrift
no someone posted before saying that their car was lightened by an amazing, 2 kg! :o

what's the name of the thread?
 
:lol: HRD was the one who said that... (no someone posted before etc...)
 
I've never noticed any changes in weight when installing new wheels

offtopic: I've never noticed any changes in displacement!!
Before the displacement upgrade: 2.568cc
After the displacement upgrade: 2.568cc
(These specs are from the Skyline GT-R V-spec II (R34) )
Strange!!! :boggled: :eek:

Any1 noticed it too??
 
Originally posted by halfracedrift
no someone posted before saying that their car was lightened by an amazing, 2 kg! :o


Are you serious?

Do you know what rims?

Losing weight in the wheels is the most important place to keep weight down.

Unsprung weight slows down the suspension and also brings down the hp getting to the ground. Losing unsprung weight also provides for a quicker initial "hop" off the line. It also increases top speed because there is less weight needing to be spun around.


There are literally proffessionals who specialize in unsprung weight. It can increase the performance of ANY car by bringing it down. I have read 4 page articles about it and how losing the unsprung weight is beneficial for your car.

Unsprung weight is not just the rims, it includes brakes, calipers and the parts of the suspension that are not being "sprung" if you will.

2kg loss in the wheels is goddamn amazing. I have got to find out which set of rims this was.
 
I don't think it would work 12sec...
 
Back