wheels n stuff

United Kingdom
London
person4pt6b
I'm fairly new here and i've loved the amount of help you guys give. I want to try and move things up a bit. I want to go manual but i find the ds3 a bit limited. I want to get a wheel but I want to spend minimal money - while still getting a real improvement - as i'm fairly certain I will be upgrading to a ps4 and i dont want to commit resources to something I may not be able to use. So..can you give me your real budget recommendations?
I've been thinking about the logitech DFGT as a kind of stop gap. I know the wheel is ok but the pedals seem a bit ****. But as i said i dont want to spend too much money til i upgrade to the next gen.
Are there any other reasonably cheap wheels you could suggest, please?
I do want to improve and learn to drive - learning manual is bad enough without having to use a controller.
ps dont care about gear stick as I prefer paddle shift - on the wheel.And will be thinking about a mount for the wheel too.

Thanks in advance

I'm fairly new here and i've loved the amount of help you guys give. I want to try and move things up a bit. I want to go manual but i find the ds3 a bit limited. I want to get a wheel but I want to spend minimal money - while still getting a real improvement - as i'm fairly certain I will be upgrading to a ps4 and i dont want to commit resources to something I may not be able to use. So..can you give me your real budget recommendations?
I've been thinking about the logitech DFGT as a kind of stop gap. I know the wheel is ok but the pedals seem a bit ****. But as i said i dont want to spend too much money til i upgrade to the next gen.
Are there any other reasonably cheap wheels you could suggest, please?
I do want to improve and learn to drive - learning manual is bad enough without having to use a controller.
ps dont care about gear stick as I prefer paddle shift - on the wheel.And will be thinking about a mount for the wheel too.

Thanks in advance

Personally if it we're up to me i would buy a used top of the line wheel instead of a new cheap wheel.

If you can find a lightly used T500 or something that would be ideal.

Even if you find a slightly used T500 you are probably going to pay 3x over what you would pay for the DFGT.. The DFGT is a great wheel, but you will soon find yourself wanting a clutch and shifter so at THE LEAST I would go with a G27 which should still be half the price of a used T500.

hall90
I would say a used G27 or a T500.
Agreed. I honestly would go for G27.

I currently have one. I couldn't be happier with it. Even going from the DFGT to the G27 (which I have owned three DFGTs), made a huge difference.

Honestly get the G27 if you want more bang for your buck.

Agreed. I honestly would go for G27.

I currently have one. I couldn't be happier with it. Even going from the DFGT to the G27 (which I have owned three DFGTs), made a huge difference.

Honestly get the G27 if you want more bang for your buck.

I am using the G27 once you get you used to it there is no turning back

The G27 will work on PS4; I'm about 98% confident in that.

Also I would second the above; G27 and DFGT aren't even in the same ballpark. DFGT is just a toy whereas the G27 is more of a tool or appliance.

ps. I'm not a good driver but i want to get better. If you guys think going with the 27 will make that much dif I'm willing to have a go. It's a signif financial but I think I'll risk it .Cheers.

Last edited:
ps. I'm not a good driver but i want to get better. If you guys think going with the 27 will make that much dif I'm willing to have a go. It's a signif financial but I think I'll risk it .Cheers.
Have you look on ebay It will give you and idea on price

Back