Wheelstand Pro moves on carpet

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
morton027
Hi
I use a wheelstand Pro with an Ikea type folding chair, and the wheelstand moves away from the seat as I’m racing. Anyone have a good suggestion to prevent this?
Probably going to become a bigger problem when I get the mounting plate for my new T-LCM pedals from WS Pro so definitely looking for ideas that’ll prevent the movement.
I’d thought about maybe strapping the 2 together with some 3M Dual Lock Velcro type straps but haven’t found anything online so far that suits.
Thanks for advice in advance.

Look in the thread (Which Seat) in Sim Racing Hardware , I had same problem with X rocker seat. I posted some pictures for someone else with similar problem. The thread should be on page 2 in thread,last post in thread was on Dec 30,2022. With the type of seat you are using you could maybe make a strap around the seat bar with bolt through it so you can move seat from rig. Hope this helps. It will move around a little but it won't get away from the seat.

I us that since years..it is the tool to transport glasses, you put it in front of the wheel stand and it doesn’t move..I use load cell brakes and I need to push very strongly on the brake pedal😄

Attachments

• 3305705F-0624-4264-9F75-D1F1837FD2F7.jpeg
    3305705F-0624-4264-9F75-D1F1837FD2F7.jpeg
    192.4 KB · Views: 12
Hi
I use a wheelstand Pro with an Ikea type folding chair, and the wheelstand moves away from the seat as I’m racing. Anyone have a good suggestion to prevent this?
Probably going to become a bigger problem when I get the mounting plate for my new T-LCM pedals from WS Pro so definitely looking for ideas that’ll prevent the movement.
I’d thought about maybe strapping the 2 together with some 3M Dual Lock Velcro type straps but haven’t found anything online so far that suits.
Thanks for advice in advance.
I made my own rig out of wood. To prevent the slippage I simply got some screws long enough to go all the way through the frame and screwed one down through each corner so a few millimetres of point end protruded, this grips the carpet quite well. Speaker spikes could work well if you're happy drilling through the your frame and maybe adding a couple of bolts, depends on the pile of your carpet I suppose.

Latest Posts

Back