Votes: 11 36.7%

• Total voters

Conza

Sports Caraholic
Premium
Australia
Melbourne
Conza_No1
Are there only going to be 14 more seasonal events for GT5?

In Australia the new seasonal comes out at roughly 12-1pm (I believe) On a Thursday. GT6 will be coming out December 6th, so the last Thursday before that is December 5th - Which is 14 seasonals away.

Its hard to know, but would people be mad if it did stop? My guess is most of us will migrate to GT6... Wonder if they'll be a Seasonal off the bat? Maybe we'll have less than 14 seasonals left?

Are there only going to be 14 more seasonal events for GT5?

In Australia the new seasonal comes out at roughly 12-1pm (I believe) On a Thursday. GT6 will be coming out December 6th, so the last Thursday before that is December 5th - Which is 14 seasonals away.

Its hard to know, but would people be mad if it did stop? My guess is most of us will migrate to GT6... Wonder if they'll be a Seasonal off the bat? Maybe we'll have less than 14 seasonals left?

It does not worry me what happens to GT5 when GT6 comes out.

I figured that'd be the majority opinion, maybe people won't know if they're going to stick to GT5 until GT6 comes out, other than that horrificly terrible demo of GT6 with the Academy, we don't know much about the game.

But its interesting to see if people think we've only got 14 left, or more or less.

If they're smart, they'll keep doing them for GT5, for a while, and start using cars and tracks from 6 to entice people to move on.

I would actualy be surprised if they stopped doing the GT5 seasonals atleast the first year of GT6.
It would be quite disrespectfull if they just dropped the GT5 customers like that.

Even though I'll be getting GT6 I hope they keep adding seasonals for GT5. It also makes good business sense for PD to keep adding them as well.

What I think: They'll create a bunch more ( more than 14) seasonals, but they are not going to put them as seasonals, the traditional way,I mean. They sould pack up all seasonal data ( past present and future) and publish a final 3.0 update prior to the release of GT6 which will some sort of be the final update of the game. what they could do is that they can add a few more A-spec b-spec stages with this.

I'm hoping they don't drop them... it's the way I make money and experience fast (620 PP Supercar Event, race #5 at Eifel - about a $2 million payout in a 2J that's been fully detuned.)

I enjoy doing them, as they make getting certain cars easier (Toyota 7, Chapparal 2D...)

If they're smart, they'll keep doing them for GT5, for a while, and start using cars and tracks from 6 to entice people to move on.

Actually that's a great point, if they do those versions with fixed cars, however that would mean programming cars and tracks into GT5 from GT6... Maybe it'd be easy, but it'd definately need a patch, who knows, could be good.

What I think: They'll create a bunch more ( more than 14) seasonals, but they are not going to put them as seasonals, the traditional way,I mean. They sould pack up all seasonal data ( past present and future) and publish a final 3.0 update prior to the release of GT6 which will some sort of be the final update of the game. what they could do is that they can add a few more A-spec b-spec stages with this.

Sounds good, but I just doubt they'll put in that much effort for a past game (which it'll become as soon as GT6 is released).

I'm hoping they don't drop them... it's the way I make money and experience fast (620 PP Supercar Event, race #5 at Eifel - about a $2 million payout in a 2J that's been fully detuned.)

I enjoy doing them, as they make getting certain cars easier (Toyota 7, Chapparal 2D...)

Well I think its fair to say, there's no reason for them to remove existing seasonals, so the specific FF seasonal where you can use a hybrid way below the PP to get 2 odd million every 10 minutes, stuff like that, has no reason to disappear (that'd be a mean incentive to move people on for sure).

I certainly hope they don't. I will be buying GT6 without a doubt, but I still play the other games, and I haven't collected all of the cars in GT5 yet. While juggling time will be difficult, I still think I will continue to play. The only version that I don't play is version 1. Too hard on my eyes now.

Well I think its fair to say, there's no reason for them to remove existing seasonals, so the specific FF seasonal where you can use a hybrid way below the PP to get 2 odd million every 10 minutes, stuff like that, has no reason to disappear (that'd be a mean incentive to move people on for sure).

That Means that PD cannot check for Hybrid cars outside of Time trials...

Well, they dropped the online for GT5P some time a while ago, so I'm predicting that they'll drop the seasonals for GT5 when the time comes.
~ENDURANCEGUY

Yeah but the difference between a Prologue and a full fledged game are a bit different, I'm not sure what the user base for each is, but its a sure bet that GT5 is significantly highly than GT5:P

What we have here is a "Failure to Communicate"....

The GT6 release date dance us upon us. We experienced it in a major way with GT5.

I'd like to see the seasonals continue in GT5. Not every one will be able to afford a new console (if that's what PD is waiting for).

I have a feeling that PD is ready to release GT6 but will not if the PS4 is just around the corner. By that I mean, a year or less.

Where have you been living?

GT6 is announced, for the PS3, no new console is needed, anyone who had GT5, should theoretically be able to afford GT6, especially if they saved ahead of time for the $60-100 asking pricing depending on country.

I would've liked GT6 on PS4 in many ways, but it aint happening, GT7 on PS4 2017, that'll be about it.

Good to know Conza.

But the release date dance is upon us.

Regarding GT7 and PS4? 2017 may be wishful dancing. It's all a pipe dream thinking this far ahead...

Well thats my stab in the dark for it, its 4 years to develop it, I think that's a reasonable amount of time, but we'll see if I'm right.

Well thats my stab in the dark for it, its 4 years to develop it, I think that's a reasonable amount of time, but we'll see if I'm right.

20/17 or 20/18 sounds right.

December 6th, eh?

Will sluggish sales forestall the end of GT5 seasonals, or will PD kill GT5 online content in order to drive players to GT6?

December 6th, eh?

Will sluggish sales forestall the end of GT5 seasonals, or will PD kill GT5 online content in order to drive players to GT6?

We just have to wait and see on that.

A few months ago I finally started GT5 after playing all of the other titles in the series, and I was wondering if anyone knows if the Seasonal events will go away with the release of GT6.

Secondly, why are these are called 'on-line' events when you're racing the AI? Other than the fact that you're starting at the rear vs mid-pack, what was purpose and intent behind the Seasonals? Trust me, I love the big payouts and prizes, but I thought maybe some of the GT5 veterans may provide some insight.

A few months ago I finally started GT5 after playing all of the other titles in the series, and I was wondering if anyone knows if the Seasonal events will go away with the release of GT6.

Secondly, why are these are called 'on-line' events when you're racing the AI? Other than the fact that you're starting at the rear vs mid-pack, what was purpose and intent behind the Seasonals? Trust me, I love the big payouts and prizes, but I thought maybe some of the GT5 veterans may provide some insight.

1st question - Who knows, at the minute I have stopped doing seasonal events as they have become dull, predictable and (time trials) ruined by hackers.

2nd question - They are online events as you have to be online to play them. 👍

Seasonals are a huge game-change in the way money is made; having played the game without Seasonals up to 35+ I know this personally.
If there were no Seasonals that were provided, and such money-making opportunities not given, there would be many, many, many players without those 20M cars.

Yeah but the difference between a Prologue and a full fledged game are a bit different, I'm not sure what the user base for each is, but its a sure bet that GT5 is significantly highly than GT5:P

I agree.

What we have here is a "Failure to Communicate"....

The Seasonals are an 'add-on'. And added on online, or via disc (XL), they still have to be played Online - for many marketing reasons, of course. They also provide a 'pipeline' as such for PD to provide more A-Spec-like events for us; V.1.0 was fairly lean when it came to actual offline events.

No Day 1 Seasonals from PD will be an epic fail as far as I'm concerned. If I have to slog through Sunday Cup and a bunch of crappy races against crappy AI for crappy prize winnings, for hours, just to buy a single car for racing online, then that's incredibly poor game design IMLHO

No Day 1 Seasonals from PD will be an epic fail as far as I'm concerned. If I have to slog through Sunday Cup and a bunch of crappy races against crappy AI for crappy prize winnings, for hours, just to buy a single car for racing online, then that's incredibly poor game design IMLHO

*really*?
So like, it's been exactly like that from GT 1 so i A CHANGE I can't see, not drastically at a rate any. I would imagine it will be a little easier (read less boring/convoluted) etc. but hey ho as i here the brits say

Back