When are we going to see dynamic weather in Daily Races?

• Thread starter jt663
  • 7 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tindanator
Polyphony went through all the effort of making this amazing weather system only for it to be rarely used.

In my opinion every time you go into a race it should have random conditions with a rough weather forecast being displayed.

So few of the daily races include proper strategy either. We need a daily race D with random weather, accelerated time, multiple, viable tyre strategies etc.

Polyphony went through all the effort of making this amazing weather system only for it to be rarely used.

In my opinion every time you go into a race it should have random conditions with a rough weather forecast being displayed.

So few of the daily races include proper strategy either. We need a daily race D with random weather, accelerated time, multiple, viable tyre strategies etc.
Unfortunately this appears to be 'reserved' for the World Series races at the moment as those do have dynamic weather/pit strategies etc. The Spa 24Hr race we just had over the weekend had time acceleration/pit strategy and real time wet weather at different points in the race.

I think it is the test phase hopefully but I think the reason they have not put them into the actual daily races yet is a lot of the player will 'not' be used to this since it was very minimal use in Sport.

I would like to see the implementation tho, might make me want to do some of the daily races more.

Unfortunately this appears to be 'reserved' for the World Series races at the moment as those do have dynamic weather/pit strategies etc. The Spa 24Hr race we just had over the weekend had time acceleration/pit strategy and real time wet weather at different points in the race.

I think it is the test phase hopefully but I think the reason they have not put them into the actual daily races yet is a lot of the player will 'not' be used to this since it was very minimal use in Sport.

I would like to see the implementation tho, might make me want to do some of the daily races more.
Ahh good to hear it was used on the Spa 24 hour race, didn't have chance to play that.

Ahh good to hear it was used on the Spa 24 hour race, didn't have chance to play that.
It was also used in the High Speed Ring race in Season 2 as that had wet weather and from memory I believe the races at Mount Panorma and Nurburgring 24HR had night racing and I think Red Bull Ring had a short period of rain during the race.

So it's defo a regular thing in the World Series so I keep fingers crossed we see more of it!

I was in the opposite circle. It seemed like I got rain in about 60% of my Menu races. To much rain. Makes racing the AI even easier and take even longer. When I'm just trying to get thru the tutorial (Cafe) and unlock everything.... not fun.

I would avoid most of the daily races involving dynamic weather. Give me a wet race or a dry race. Dynamic is fun every once in a while but having winners/losers determined by how close you were to the Pit Entry when it randomly starts/stops raining is not enticing to me.

Last edited:
Back