When Community Features are re-enabled, my thoughts for "gifting" cars

  • Thread starter Thread starter elston87
  • 0 comments
  • 634 views
Messages
773
United States
Las Vegas, NV
Messages
K_E_87th
When Gran Turismo 6 is updated within the near future, many features will be added and restored, one of them being the online Community feature that made Gran Turismo 5 so much more connectable for me. However, the implementation of "gifting" cars to players' friends doesn't seem to be making a reappearance this time around unless noted in the future. If it doesn't make a return, I have a few personal thoughts on how PD can re-implement the feature.

My opinion is that gifted cars should be treated as such: Gifts. This means that a player can gift his/her friends any vehicle that they own in their garage or stockyard with no limitations on the vehicle's value. However, when the recipient receives the vehicle, it cannot be re-sent to other players on his/her friends list and is also stripped of its monetary value, thus only allowing you to rid of the vehicle from your garage with no resale value if you wanted to sell it.

I know there are currently many arguments that can stand against my opinion; the most popular ones would be the trading community and the resell glitch on V1.00 of the game. While I do understand that a good portion of the community enjoys trading cars with one another, I find it would be rather redundant in GT6, seeing as all of the cars are available to purchase from the start. Trading in GT5 came about because of the UCD and OCD possessing rare vehicles; it also was due to the exchange of high-value vehicles, which led to PD patching the game and making a bracket restricting the vehicles players can send to one another.

The reselling glitch from V1.00 is also another point, but PD could be patching this in the future with some save-data algorithms and such. Why I chose my points is because I always received gifts from my friends whist playing GT5. Some of them were random, and some of them were very generous, such as the Lamborghini Miura, which I was very delighted to finally own thanks to one of my friends. Gifted cars should be treated as gifts and should be appreciated if of high value, not as an asset.


Post your thoughts on what you think of mine, agreeing or disagreeing; I expect to see both, frankly, as I can imagine people not liking my ideas. I'm curious to know what you guys here at GTPlanet think~
 
Back