When do you know your ready???

• Thread starter Syrius325
  • 9 comments
Dominican Republic
Florida
Syrius325
Let me just start by saying I am by no means a pro level drifter. I am starting to see some progress but I still need lots of practice. I was wondering, at what stage would one be able to join a team? Also what are the benefits of joining a team?

you get alot of cookies and stuff.

But you shouldn't be worrying on your personal skill level to join a team it's all about the fun you have. Thats why I am on Team Drop5 not for the skill we have but for then fun you have with the people.

Let me just start by saying I am by no means a pro level drifter. I am starting to see some progress but I still need lots of practice. I was wondering, at what stage would one be able to join a team? Also what are the benefits of joining a team?

You can join a team at any skill level if you meet the requirements.
Benefits? You get to chill with cool people haha.
Best of luck, hope you find yourself the right team. 👍

It varies for team to team, but I don't think there is a specific "skill level" you need to be at to join. If anything, include that you are still learning (we're all still learning to a certain degree) in your app, and say that you want join to team to learn to learn from them.

There are dozens of benefits to joining a team, but they vary from team to team and person to person. For me, the biggest benefit to joining NEMESIS has been the knowledge I've gained from my teammates. I've learned more about drifting in the month I've been on the team than I did in the 6 months I'd been drifting on my own. Everything from help with tuning to learning new and better lines around various tracks.

Another big benefit is being able to drift with the same people consistently (this can be done without a team, but is more rare I think). You start to learn how the other people drift, and you can anticipate things on the track quicker. Drifting with the same people also provides a more consistant measuring stick for improving tunes.

I think most peolple that are on a team will agree that teammates tend to push each other to become better, and everyone on the team progresses and improves because of the friendly compitition between teammates.

I'm not on a team but I do drift with the same few people most of the time. In a way we kinda are a team but without the name and all that.

I started drifting with these guys using a controller (was really good might I add), I decided to start using my wheel because I got bored with the controller. The first day using my wheel I didn't know what the heck I was doing but the guys I drift with (wheel users) walked me through it all. I'm no pro on it (yet :)) but having people there to teach you and support you really helps.

Thanks for the info guys. I think Im gonna try to improve my skills before I try get on a team. I don't really get to play as much as I like.

Back