When do you Tune LSD or AYC and VCD

I would like to know when people start to tune there LSD or (AYC) if available and (VCD) if available. When do you start before suspension tuning after suspension tuning. Would there be a special case if the car was Front Wheel Drive or Four Wheel Drive do to the fact that initial LSD or AYC settings cause understeer in theses types of cars. Would you also tune VCD on a Four Wheel Drive car at the same time as the LSD.
Sorry I know it is a lot of questions but to simplify it I guess You only need to break it into Five categories and at what point you would tune LSD or AYC and VCD.

FF
FR
FWD
MR
RR

I hope this has not been talked about already but I did search and came up with nothing.

I usualy tune everything else first, then either LSD/AYC... then if needed VCD... If it's for a AWD, I usualy lower the VCD to 10 and work my way up as I go...

Well I have various techniques when I tune my cars. For my mild tunes (Sport/Semi-Racing) I will just use the 1-way and 1.5 way LSD's (1-way for RR and FF)

For my Racing tunes I will usually just modify the brake balancer, suspension, transmission, LSD/AYC and then downforce.

For applications that require the VCD controller, I will usually change the setting depending on what track I am at. This is usually the Last thing I do.

It really all depends on how comfortable you are when tuning a car. Just fool around with the settings. I found that establishing the suspension set-up BEFORE the LSD/AYC allows you to adjust these features according to how you decide to set-up the suspension.

I would agree with the rest of the members who have posted here.

You have to tune suspension first, as it has a huge impact on the level of traction you are going to have to work with, particularly on bumpy circuits or the rally stages.

A good exampleof this was when I set-up the Clio V6 for my BESTuners report (see link in my sig), for the Swiss Alps set-up I had to get the suspension right first before even considering the LSD. Had I done it the other way around the LSD setting woul d have been out, I would have had a nightmare getting the suspension tuned, and then I would have had to look at the suspension again.

Regards

Scaff

Thanks Guys I really apreciate it sorry I just thought that With a Stock tunable LSD on a FF or FWD made the car understeer to much out of corners. But what you said makes perfect sense maximize traction through suspension tuning then use LSD and VCD to trim handling. Thanks to all who helped answer my questions. By the way Scaff excellent tuning guide

bostwick_965
Thanks Guys I really apreciate it sorry I just thought that With a Stock tunable LSD on a FF or FWD made the car understeer to much out of corners. But what you said makes perfect sense maximize traction through suspension tuning then use LSD and VCD to trim handling. Thanks to all who helped answer my questions. By the way Scaff excellent tuning guide

I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say that I'm glad to help, thanks for the feedback on the guide as well.

One thing with FWD cars, you may want to try just using the 1-way LSD rather than the FC, I've found quite a few FWD cars are more happy with just the 1-way, saves set-up hassle and money as well.

Regards

Scaff

Canadian Speed
Very true... I don't know why you can't bring the FC's all the way down? Wouldn't that be fully custom?

True it would, but PD's idea of fully custom and mine differ. For example I have tried to use actual gear ratios with the FC transmission and for certain combinations its just not possiable.

The Ford GT is a good example, if you fit a FC transmission the default ratios are far to short. If you then try and put them to the actual cars ratios its not possiable with the FC transmission.

Now that one does wind me up no end.

Scaff

i use a FC because the 1-way locks too hard and i can't turn as much.

with the FC i can keep a better balance between wheelspin control and maneuverability.

Anyone ever test the handling difference between unfitted and fitted LSD?
Which one is closer to stock 1 way, 1.5 or 2 way?
I will try to see if different car have different stock LSD reading in GT4. Or maybe if these value different, it is just for reference.

These are my settings for Subaru Impreza 22B STI Premium Sport Coupe. I'm really impressed how well this car behaves in every situation.

This is the Subaru's tuning department's STi's finest. Subaru 22B STi is most rare of all Impreza's, and it's worth of it. Only 400 of these virtually hand-made cars were made, and they were sold instantly. I've seen only one used one for sale in Europe, and the pricetag was quite shocking. But with that money, you get grunty, 2.2l 280 bhp turbocharged boxer engine, that makes this sleek, if not even savage looking coupe not only run fast, but fly low around the corners. Mostly because of that innovative boxer engine, the cars COG ( centerpoint of gravity ) is so low, that the car grips the road like bubblegum grips your hair, even in stock form! this is one of the cars I would love to own.
In the game, I've modded the car fully, so it generates 548 bhp. It might not sound much after 700bhp+ GT-R's, but remember, that this car weights only 1079 kg, thanks for weight reduction, so the acceleration is neck-snappingly sharp. And boy, does this beast turn well? drift or grip, you must decide that yourself before going to track and blasting towards corner. of course, tyre choice has big part in this.

(Note: This car is fully modded, with everything possible etc..)

Brake Balance controller: 22/20

Suspension

Spring Rate: 9.6/9.2
Ride height: 102/102
DBS: 10/10
DRS: 5/5
Camber: 4.0/0.5
Toe: 0/-2
Stabilizer: 7/7

Auto settings: 12

1st: 2.329
2nd: 1.620
3rd: 1.207
4rth: 0.942
5th: 0.772
6th: 0.602
Final: 4.444

Downforce: 30/30

LSD

LSDI: 15/40 or 60/25
LSDA: 25/40 or 60/30
LSDD: 20/40 or 30/25

VCD: 50/50

these settings gave 1'34.791 at Seattle, and impressive 0'55.053 at Tsukuba.

comment freely, feedback is appreciated.

Back