When does Exclusive become non-Exclusive

  • Thread starter Thread starter MutedChomper
  • 44 comments
  • 4,076 views
Bluntified
Edit, If a dev was paid per unit, they better find a way and reach the mass market! They could only do this by making everything available to everyone.

That is what I was getting at.

If the Blue GT PS3 was available here in the States, I would've bought that too. If the Signature or Ultimate Editions were available, I would not have hesitated to buy the better of which was available. I understand why SONY didn't though, probably because of GT Academy. If I did import, that would've led to problems we are experiencing now with region conflicts with DLC.

I don't necessarily think all of the early DLC should be free given away. But it absolutely should be available for everyone to purchase. SONY needs to fix this DLC region conflict. It has not affected me. But I was close to importing the Signature edition. I'm glad I didn't.
 
That is what I was getting at.

If the Blue GT PS3 was available here in the States, I would've bought that too. If the Signature or Ultimate Editions were available, I would not have hesitated to buy the better of which was available. I understand why SONY didn't though, probably because of GT Academy. If I did import, that would've led to problems we are experiencing now with region conflicts with DLC.

I don't necessarily think all of the early DLC should be free given away. But it absolutely should be available for everyone to purchase. SONY needs to fix this DLC region conflict. It has not affected me. But I was close to importing the Signature edition. I'm glad I didn't.
. The worse example is the chrome jag because anyone on Facebook could get the code and all but you have to live in that region to use it. I would have spent big money for signature too just for the stealth and sls die cast.
 
. The worse example is the chrome jag because anyone on Facebook could get the code and all but you have to live in that region to use it. I would have spent big money for signature too just for the stealth and sls die cast.

BUT the Chromeline Jag would be exclusive because not everyone would have/could get it. If it's region specific, the other regions that don't get it would be left out.

We all kinda came to the conclusion that all DLC should be available to all regions. It's not fair to some who can't get it just because they live in a certain country.

Edit, I missed out on the Jag, I didn't hear about it until it was over lol.
 
I wouldn't mind this. I think it would be awesome if everyone could get access the stealth and chromeline cars. They could sell them in car packs for a certain price.
I have 3 stealth cars, the edge camaro, and the Gamestop NASCAR Camry. I would like to get the other cars to add to my collection.
 
BUT the Chromeline Jag would be exclusive because not everyone would have/could get it. If it's region specific, the other regions that don't get it would be left out.

We all kinda came to the conclusion that all DLC should be available to all regions. It's not fair to some who can't get it just because they live in a certain country.

Edit, I missed out on the Jag, I didn't hear about it until it was over lol.

No, I agree with you. Poor wording I guess. Should of said the facebook codes for the Jag should be able to be used by all regions not just Europe. I hate that I had no chance to ever get in any way shape or form.
 
Last edited:
I think the U.S. Should get all the EU. exclusive DLC, vice versa for EU. Charge $6.99 and everyone wins.
 
Bluntified
BUT the Chromeline Jag would be exclusive because not everyone would have/could get it. If it's region specific, the other regions that don't get it would be left out.

We all kinda came to the conclusion that all DLC should be available to all regions. It's not fair to some who can't get it just because they live in a certain country.

Edit, I missed out on the Jag, I didn't hear about it until it was over lol.

In the end, it's called "discrimination". How SONY has handled DLC for this marquee game, is known as a "cluster f:censored:k"
 
In the end, it's called "discrimination". How SONY has handled DLC for this marquee game, is known as a "cluster f:censored:k"

Yep but they had there chance to give the US its 787B or R10. When they gave away the Stealth NSX for the delayed dlc I knew we will likely never see them. Guess they didn't realize some players already had it.

Wish there was a stealth ticket or chrome line ticket. That would be amazing.
 
PAL never got 6 astonishing F1 replicas in GT3 that both US/JP NTSC games had.

That is something I still can't chew upon enough :)

And why those 6 cars are not Standards, PD? :D

+1

I have still never driven any of those beauties ... :nervous:
 
+1

I have still never driven any of those beauties ... :nervous:

Wow never knew about these cars before. Looked them up and now even more sad:indiff:

Wonder if they were on the disc in other regions? I think the Diablo was that we did get in 5.

Obviously the stealth/chromes/camaro/nascar are in all versions of 5 so people can see them when racing against them in a lounge and make you drool. I have won two races with the stealth nsx because people slow down to look at it!
 
Unknown but now we may have to deal with this new GT-R being exclusive in the new Europe exclusive academy version along with other items mentioned at a later date.
 
also looks like the Red Bull 5g could have some exclusivity to it...ugh
 
I'm just not sure that I care about the crome and stealth cars enough. I also don't want them from the start: I like starting each GT with the best car you can afford for 20,000 cr and working my way up.
 
They should be release at a moderately high price. Before GT5's release I was told that people from America were pre-ordering the NZ version of the game (as well as the US version) because it had different exclusives. They paid extra, so I think it's right that we should have to pay more for them.
 
They should be release at a moderately high price. Before GT5's release I was told that people from America were pre-ordering the NZ version of the game (as well as the US version) because it had different exclusives. They paid extra, so I think it's right that we should have to pay more for them.

Probably didn't work. We don't have PAL discs/systems. Maybe for the diecast or whatever but not the in game cars.
 
Back