When does the servers really close?

• Thread starter et_
  • 16 comments

et_

(Banned)
Sweden
erazer13
elias_johansson
As the title says, when do they shut down exactly? I've seen many people saying may 20'th, but here it says may 30'th, and I read somewhere it was may 31'st...

edit:
videogamer, eurogamer, computerandvideogames, lazygamer, mcuk, gamerant, officialplaystationmagazine all say may 20'th.
gameinformer says may 30'th, and escapistmagazine says servers close may 30'th, but the DLC are removed from PS store on april 30'th
On the gran turismo homepage, PD themselfs first states may 31'st here, and then may 30'th here.

Last edited:
They do close on 20th may as was stated on sony/pds website as couple other games are getting taken down also. search for them and you see that as I did months ago and have been tell people that is shutdown day ;):)

Interesting. I think what the link says is true, it was said to be the 20th at first, but it must have changed. 31st sounds like speculation to me.

I wonder what's going to happen to this sub forum when servers shut down.....

Last edited:
Interesting. I think what the link says is true, it was said to be the 20th at first, but it must have changed. 31st sounds like speculation to me.

I wonder what's going to happen to this sub forum when servers shut down.....
Oh, it will die, mods might even consider removing it all together...

@robbyboy21 : link to confirm its may 20'th?

Yea I feel that Jordan will remove it when the severs shutdown because it will become almost completely useless afterwards.

I think they have changed the date... all articles of it being may 20'th where writen in january, and the ones that says may 30'th was written in february, however PD themself say may 31'st both now and in february...

Last edited:
yeah, same here, but maybe the gift and community feature close may 20'th and the seasonlal event at may 31'st...

I do, however believe the changed the date from 20'th to 31'st.

Guys, some of the services are already shut. Well just check GT5 at PSN Store and try to buy some DLC...
yes, that was removed 30'th april.

odd think tho, in the link @robbyboy21 posted it says seasonal events closes on may 30'th but the GT5 final seasonal event says may 31'st.

(from the news section of my GT5)
Gran Turismo 5 Update Notice (2.16)

In line with the online services of Gran Turismo 5 coming to an end as of May 31, 2014,
the following update will be released:

Update Server Maintenance
May 30th/31st, 2014 from 11:00PM to 1:00AM EDT

An update will be released during this server maintenance period.
Please note that after the start of the maintenance,
all online services will become inaccessible.

yeah, thats pretty clear now, however, it was not so clear when I created the thread...

Back