When is the permanent X2 VIP status coming back for ultimate owners?

• Thread starter NZNAT
  • 18 comments
New Zealand
New Zealand
as everyone knows, Turn 10 tried to pull a fast one on its ultimate version owners at the last minute, and then done a U-turn on the VIP 2x status. Yet, does anyone know when a patch is being released that will turn the VIP status back to permanent double points?

as everyone knows, Turn 10 tried to pull a fast one on its ultimate version owners at the last minute...

Do you remember the exact time and date that they made that decision? I mean, was it September 28 or a few days earlier or when? I'm just curious as to how last-minute it was.

Turn 10 tried to pull a fast one on its ultimate version owners at the last minute,
Looking back at your original post, this right here makes you sound rather ignorant. VIP is not exclusive to Ultimate Edition, Plus it was stated as far back as E3 that VIP double credits was in the form of Mod Cards, they just forgot to mention the Mod Cards had a limited use.

I have been putting off doing more races in my career in the hopes that the VIP fix would drop, but if it doesn't drop until the fifth of November, I suppose I better get back to it.

as everyone knows, Turn 10 tried to pull a fast one on its ultimate version owners at the last minute, and then done a U-turn on the VIP 2x status. Yet, does anyone know when a patch is being released that will turn the VIP status back to permanent double points?

It will drop in the next patch.

https://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/wir_10_13_17

Update on Forza 7 VIP
Recently we announced changes to Forza Motorsport 7 VIP membership. This includes replacing the five 2x VIP Mods with a new feature that permanently adds a 2x VIP post-race base credit scalar as it did in Forza 6. I’m happy to report that this feature will be part of our next Forza Motorsport 7 update, which we expect to go live soon. Once the update is live, we will update the VIP product description page on the Windows Store and all VIP members will receive their permanent bonus after every race they play.

While this permanent boost completely replaces the VIP Mods that were part of VIP at launch, members who already own these VIP Mods from before the update will NOT have them removed. Existing VIP Mods will continue to function as they did before the update. The additional four Forza Edition gift cars and 1 million gift credits will continue to be sent to new VIP members through the end of November. Going forward, we will continue to ensure that Forza Motorsport 7 VIPs receive the most value for their VIP membership, including new experiences and great content.

This is great news, hopefully not be long to wait. I've left all the best races untouched until I have the 2x boost added permanently.

Maybe I should buy VIP and use the Mod cards up before 5th November or whenever the next update drops then? Either way, I'm enjoying the game sufficiently that the extra £16.74 seems worth it to me now. I guess I am indulging in pay to win and all those doomsayers about the game being a cash grab are spot on. :lol:

Maybe I should buy VIP and use the Mod cards up before 5th November or whenever the next update drops then? Either way, I'm enjoying the game sufficiently that the extra £16.74 seems worth it to me now. I guess I am indulging in pay to win and all those doomsayers about the game being a cash grab are spot on. :lol:

Amen - and I wish they would allow tokens to be bought with real money so I can buy a boat load of prize crates.

$50, $150 or $250, I don't actually mind - any game is still cheaper than tracking my real car.

And, no, the irony that my car has been Forza'd out and that is why it is so expensive (by way of consumables) to track is not all together lost on me :)

oJmMyR.jpg

Last edited:
My issue is that I have done a lot of races and have been losing out for ages. Needless to say, I have abandoned Forza 7 until the update arrives. Not impressed with Turn 10 to say the least.

Amen - and I wish they would allow tokens to be bought with real money so I can buy a boat load of prize crates.

$50, $150 or $250, I don't actually mind - any game is still cheaper than tracking my real car.

And, no, the irony that my car has been Forza'd out and that is why it is so expensive (by way of consumables) to track is not all together lost on me :)

oJmMyR.jpg

That is a very nice Corvette there, and yes the game subs for me tracking mine too!

Back