When should you rebuild your engine?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Blackthorne
  • 9 comments
  • 3,012 views
Messages
57
Messages
Blackthorne_V
When should you rebuild your engine? I'm down about 20 hp now.
 
NOW... usually when its more than 5000 miles on engine
 
1. keep changing oil

2. cheaper to just trade for a new one:idea:
 
1. keep changing oil

2. cheaper to just trade for a new one:idea:

really depends on the car, esp if it is a rare one in the UCD.
*and sometimes... it is cheaper to just refresh the engine/body

sometimes= most of the time
*all the time on street cars
 
I rebuild mine every 10,000 kms and the chassis every 7,000.
 
Think this has been discussed till death...

Anyway my view is do an overhaul on every UCD car you buy and thereafter do only oil changes.

Once the oil changes are not enough to get you to original HP levels and you have a signifcant drop in HP (I mean not just 3-4 HP) even after oil change THEN make a overhaul.
 
I'm still not convinced there is a need for either.
 
I'm still not convinced there is a need for either.

If you want the max HP from a car, do it after 10 000 km. If it's fine with lower HP's, don't. Or just buy a new one.
 
When it is needed if the cars are the same, like Formula GT.
 
Back