When wheels lock up?

• Thread starter lowndes888
  • 1 comments
Macedonia
Macedonia
Hello everyone, new user here. Been simracing since 2006, fairly experienced, mostly Simbin's racers, so I know what I'm doing.

I've completed GT4 before once on a DS2 but never got to plug in my DFP (which I bought later on) to try it with it. Recently, I saw that there was a steering wheel plugin for PCSX2 and sure enough, I thought I'd give it another go. Feels pretty good, weight transfer feels great. But I've no idea when the wheels lock up under braking. In PC sims when I lock up the wheel gets light, as does when the car understeers, but this doesn't happen for me here. Now the tire scrub sounds help with knowing when the car starts to understeer but I can't quite feel when or if the wheels lock. I don't know whether I hear the tires scrub or the tires locking up under braking. Do the cars lock up at all when you're braking in a straight line?
I tried messing with the brake controller which IIRC also acts as a brake pressure setting but I can't seem to notice differences.

Any ideas? Maybe because I run it through the PC I need some specific settings in the Logitech Profiler?

Cheers.

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to GTPlanet! :)

I have never experienced brake lock up in GT4, neither Polyphony simulated such action, according to what I have experienced. If anything, your car will understeer if brakes are heavily applied, but that happens mostly as a result of overly loaded outside tire, when you steer and turn simultaneously.

The problem is that all vehicles in GT4 feature active ABS, regardless of how much brake pressure you apply. By altering Brake Balance Controller you can change brake strength on each axle, but because the ABS always operates, the car can never experience lock up.

Driving on emulator or with different controller shouldn't have anything to do with braking, it is a matter of how the game was programmed.

Last edited:
Back