When will gaming go real-time hi-res?

• Thread starter ampsarus
  • 7 comments
Your thoughts, your spare change, your butts, no menthols please.
My first post! I have a PS1 and a PS2 and GTs are the only games I ever bought.
I can drive my silver Impreza with bronze TE37's when I'm hammered!
I bought the platforms only to play GTs, the best games ever.
MGS is pretty cool, but I never bought it.

So, will the next platforms have real-time hi-res? Like the screen shots?
Will GT5 be built for PS2? Seems PS2 is already dated.
Insiders, please help a nOOb get up to speed on whats coming.

BTW, I'm 38 and Imprezas ROCK! in real life, in the game they suck.

By next platform,i take it you mean GT4?If so then no,the PS2 is simply not capable to do such a thing.And GT5 will be for the Playstation 3,and that game will most likely look very very real.

Then the answer to you question is GT4 will look quite nice, but 5 should kick some serious butt. 👍

The next batch of consoles (PS3, X2, Revolution), should do some serious hi-res ****. Or atleast they better. I want my virtual reality, damnit!!!

1600x1200 minimum methinks, though that's possible with computers. you can also get upwards of 200fps and 200 hertz 👍

And I'm talking about todays tech, not the consoles of the future.

Thanks all, I didn't get a response email from the site, found it rather by mistake via a search engine tonight. lol

Well now GTR for PC is everything ANY DESKRACER wants and GT4 is just a silly game. (NO OFFENSE< but it;s NOT a simulator)
Wish I knew that when I paid $50 for it 5 weeks before I found GTR.
Oh well, it entertians the grqandkids, and I'm still glad I have it in the libary (yawn)
Only gripe- I need a better PC to run 70+ cars on the track with decent graphics. 10 cars makes my P3 PC800 ship melt. AMD 939 will work it very soon.

Back