When will it stop.

• Thread starter Ancullen
  • 68 comments
To play devils advocate under certain circumstances at certain tracks you can go from SR 99 to SR B thru no fault of your own. This is where the "unjust" penalty system can really be aggravating.

Well, not really. It's 99.9% your own fault. We all know what causes SR to drop and it's fairly consistent. Avoid those situations and you're golden. If you feel that a track combination is going to cause your SR to tank, then avoid that track. It's seldom that all three races are to be avoided.

Stick to lapping to learn the track, become fast, and then enter later in the week. That way, you can let chaos happen on the first lap and catch up afterwards.

Well, not really. It's 99.9% your own fault. We all know what causes SR to drop and it's fairly consistent. Avoid those situations and you're golden. If you feel that a track combination is going to cause your SR to tank, then avoid that track. It's seldom that all three races are to be avoided.

Stick to lapping to learn the track, become fast, and then enter later in the week. That way, you can let chaos happen on the first lap and catch up afterwards.

I have lost massive SR for getting punted off track or into other cars. Then you gave people that know tricks to give penalties, as long as PD cant assign blame it will always be possible to loose SR though no fault of your own.

I have lost massive SR for getting punted off track or into other cars. Then you gave people that know tricks to give penalties, as long as PD cant assign blame it will always be possible to loose SR though no fault of your own.

Your fault is entering a race with these people :lol: After half a year of running from the back I do manage to keep my SR losses down in really dirty races. However at that point I'm not racing anymore and simply drive to avoid, putting myself off track or into walls to get out of the way of dirty drivers. Once you have 2 unfair penalties it's time to bail out to avoid big losses.

Your fault is entering a race with these people :lol: After half a year of running from the back I do manage to keep my SR losses down in really dirty races. However at that point I'm not racing anymore and simply drive to avoid, putting myself off track or into walls to get out of the way of dirty drivers. Once you have 2 unfair penalties it's time to bail out to avoid big losses.

I completely agree. That's why my DR has taken huge hits,when I start getting punted around by aggressive drivers I slow down and try to avoid them. Some dont even try to race, they will get it in their mind that they are going to destroy your race and will forego braking just to try to knock you out of bounds. I had trouble with 2 guy at Nurb GT and got far enough in front I didnt think he would be trouble, at T1 I heard a huge thunk behind me, when I watched the replay I saw he didnt even bother braking at T1 and tried to ram me, luckily he missed.

It seems for the most part the system works. There is just an aspect about it seemingly totally reversed. Shouldn't be hard to fix this and I believe its broken needing fixing.

On A straight flat out. Dum dum drafts in behind and bumps yah.

SR Down Contact for guy in front flat out....... Getting hit by the Wreakless driver in these cases is out of our hands. I can't make the dumbarse behind me use his steering wheel or anything. The car doing the bumping getting off Scott free.

Its as if I'm in the wrong for have my EARNED position. I have to swerve off the line if ever somebody comes behind me......

Same thing but turn up the juice. The penalty after getting punted. As if its my fault for properly braking & trailing car ahead by inches my reward is getting punted from behind or the inside line out off the race and a penalty for my troubles.

I dont get it either because every time I've braked too late ACCIDENTALLY hitting buddy ahead I always get a penalty.

Takes some shady mofo to play with taking and getting penalties to learn when and how to give but not get

I completely agree. That's why my DR has taken huge hits,when I start getting punted around by aggressive drivers I slow down and try to avoid them. Some dont even try to race, they will get it in their mind that they are going to destroy your race and will forego braking just to try to knock you out of bounds. I had trouble with 2 guy at Nurb GT and got far enough in front I didnt think he would be trouble, at T1 I heard a huge thunk behind me, when I watched the replay I saw he didnt even bother braking at T1 and tried to ram me, luckily he missed.

I still think that you are approaching this from the wrong perspective.

So, here is what I did yesterday as an example of what I am suggesting you should do to combat the issues you are finding. I chose to focus on Race B, mostly for the irrational reason that I am upset at PD for giving us another repeat Race C (GT86 at Tsukuba..c'mon guys, try something new).

I looked at the top 10 and my friends list to see what the top times were and what the best cars were. Then, I went to work. I spend about 2 hours lapping Dragon Trail. I reviewed the replays of other drivers and I started lapping in the low 1:40's until I grasped what I was doing wrong. I was in the high 1:38's for most of that time. Then, in that last half hour, everything clicked and I was in the low 1:38's. That was good enough for the time being.

NO RACING. I was slow, so what good would it do me to race? My line was bad and my lap time would have had me falling into the mid pack where all the trouble would be. However, after two hours of lapping that track, I felt that my lap time was good and that I could likely be in a break away group in the front. I entered 1 race before packing it in to see if I was on the right track (pardon the pun). I started third and won the race on the last stretch to the line.

6278101525110720024_0.jpg

Blaming dirty drivers and the SR system won't get you anywhere. You can't control them. You can't control the SR system. You are just like every other real racer out there, at the mercy of the situation presented to you. You can either adopt the best techniques for success and succeed or you can blame other people for your failures and fail. The DR/Sr system will be a product of the effort you give it. If you are serious about it, you will get back what you put in.

I'm not some uber skilled, blessed at birth guy with thousands of dollars worth of racing rig. I'm a just a regular dude with a DS4 on my sofa.

I'm not really on all that.

While yes I agree, practice before you go in and check the pace and lines of other to be sure you are on pace before jumping in the frying pan.

This has not much to do with what other Wreakless drivers are doing, and while YES as in real life we all have the same rules to deal with the game is a blind system with nobody "making a call" not just contact is important but intent. Buttheads in the game find ways to manipulate the system as it is blind to many things one of wich is intent. So No real life drivers don't exactly have the same thing to deal with.

Staying out of malicious drivers way this no longer is Racing its colision avoidance. A Jerk can size up a room see the front guys trying to race clean and just maliciously beat his way through to the front going with your logic everybody should get out his way and let him win...

Mmmmm fine line of this is almost not even racing anymore. You dont even need to make contact to lose SR, take a defensive line and SR can take a hit. Not to mention letting these lame chumps win just gives them some of your DR, insult to injury... The only move you can make legit 100% of the time is passing off draft on the straight, even then heaven forbid you despite having taken the lead before the braking zone you take a line from your lane not the "optimum" line and lose SR

At some point in RACING winning has to come into play...

Simply avoiding races is no solution either. I mean whats the point then? Have to wait for events I'm fast enough to get away from everybody to safety, not everybody is that fast certainly not me. So What, never race because my golden combination never comes up? Not a real solution. Not very inviting place to enter, am I not supposed to go in the GTS zone unless super fast or super malicious?

We have a system that for the most part works. Its far from perfect and can be improved. I think we are probably a good point to look for ways on how to improve it and we discuss it here.

Last edited:
I still think that you are approaching this from the wrong perspective.

So, here is what I did yesterday as an example of what I am suggesting you should do to combat the issues you are finding. I chose to focus on Race B, mostly for the irrational reason that I am upset at PD for giving us another repeat Race C (GT86 at Tsukuba..c'mon guys, try something new).

I looked at the top 10 and my friends list to see what the top times were and what the best cars were. Then, I went to work. I spend about 2 hours lapping Dragon Trail. I reviewed the replays of other drivers and I started lapping in the low 1:40's until I grasped what I was doing wrong. I was in the high 1:38's for most of that time. Then, in that last half hour, everything clicked and I was in the low 1:38's. That was good enough for the time being.

NO RACING. I was slow, so what good would it do me to race? My line was bad and my lap time would have had me falling into the mid pack where all the trouble would be. However, after two hours of lapping that track, I felt that my lap time was good and that I could likely be in a break away group in the front. I entered 1 race before packing it in to see if I was on the right track (pardon the pun). I started third and won the race on the last stretch to the line.

6278101525110720024_0.jpg

Blaming dirty drivers and the SR system won't get you anywhere. You can't control them. You can't control the SR system. You are just like every other real racer out there, at the mercy of the situation presented to you. You can either adopt the best techniques for success and succeed or you can blame other people for your failures and fail. The DR/Sr system will be a product of the effort you give it. If you are serious about it, you will get back what you put in.

I'm not some uber skilled, blessed at birth guy with thousands of dollars worth of racing rig. I'm a just a regular dude with a DS4 on my sofa.

It is simple when you view the world with rose colored glasses. That is exactly what I do. I dont even think about entering a race unless I have at least 50 laps run in a car that I like. Today for example I ran somewhere around 75 laps practicing in the Fiat for race A. Got down to 1:07.39 which puts me currently at #53 in our region. I got lucky and started 3rd in a mixed DR A,B, & C room with SR S/A. Fortunately the 3 of us at the front broke away from the rest of the field. We were pretty conservative until around lap 3 when I had 3 seconds on 4th and I was within 1 second of 2nd. At that point I started looking for places to grab 2nd, then last lap, last corner I was able to grab the win from the leader just before the stripe. Normally in a race like this I am grouped with about a 50/50 split of DR A/B drivers SR S. What happens far too often I start somewhere around the top 5 and there is always that 1 guy that insists on trying to make a pass L1 T1 and by the time he is done creating carnage you have had a couple SR downs and probably only a 5 second penalty. All it takes is that one guy to go into a corner and turn someone sideways and then chaos breaks out, that doesnt even include the guy in the grass who you think you are safe with because you moved to the far side of the track so he doesnt hit you yet he finds a way and somehow I walk away getting penalized. I do not drive aggressively, I will not dive bomb, I do not swerve back and forth across the track to keep someone from passing me, and I rarely even think about trying to make a move on someone during the first lap unless they are going very slow. I could probably get some of the people I race with in lobbies to verify all of this. I do enter corners without trying to out brake anyone, I would rather keep my car under control thru the corner and get a good exit to make a pass on the straight. Yet I always seem to be near someone entering the corner on the edge of control who slides halfway thru the corner and cant keep his car pointed straight on exit and I seem to be a magnet for getting penalties from them. I do not know what else I can do other than simply not enter "daily" weekly races.

I'm not really on all that.

While yes I agree, practice before you go in and check the pace and lines of other to be sure you are on pace before jumping in the frying pan.

This has not much to do with what other Wreakless drivers are doing, and while YES as in real life we all have the same rules to deal with the game is a blind system with nobody "making a call" not just contact is important but intent. Buttheads in the game find ways to manipulate the system as it is blind to many things one of wich is intent. So No real life drivers don't exactly have the same thing to deal with.

Staying out of malicious drivers way this no longer is Racing its colision avoidance. A Jerk can size up a room see the front guys trying to race clean and just maliciously beat his way through to the front going with your logic everybody should get out his way and let him win...

Mmmmm fine line of this is almost not even racing anymore. You dont even need to make contact to lose SR, take a defensive line and SR can take a hit. Not to mention letting these lame chumps win just gives them some of your DR, insult to injury... The only move you can make legit 100% of the time is passing off draft on the straight, even then heaven forbid you despite having taken the lead before the braking zone you take a line from your lane not the "optimum" line and lose SR

At some point in RACING winning has to come into play...

Simply avoiding races is no solution either. I mean whats the point then? Have to wait for events I'm fast enough to get away from everybody to safety, not everybody is that fast certainly not me. So What, never race because my golden combination never comes up? Not a real solution. Not very inviting place to enter, am I not supposed to go in the GTS zone unless super fast or super malicious?

We have a system that for the most part works. Its far from perfect and can be improved. I think we are probably a good point to look for ways on how to improve it and we discuss it here.

Your experience is very similar to mine in sport mode.

Back