When will we be able to compare our driving skills ?

France
Dijon, France
URBANCOCKPIT-1
I just started to enjoy the 550PP fuji race with Integra. But with the time I have to play GT5P, my car has a crappy tuning. My 2 and half years old daughter needs me, my 8 hours daily job doesn't help, and I didnt even start to speak about the needs of my wife, so I am always behind most of you guys...

On top of it, I start to be fed up with this arcady tires we have to put on cars to be competitive. Seems that sometimes for me, this online game doesnt provide ''simulation'' races like I expected.

So I am dreaming for no tuning allowed and N tires only in pro league races.

At least, we would be able to compare our driving skills...

What do you think about my opinion ?

Well not long ago there was a one lapper in the Ford GT on N tires at suzuka and you could see who had the most skills. Let's just hope they bring it back. The event update is the last thursday of every month. So check out soon.

I enjoy the challenge of finding the limit with S3 or S2 rear tyres. But I'm not mad about it as I'm not sure how realistic it is (that in a real race with Integras, cars would realistically run much lower grip rear tyres, resulting in more oversteer and faster laptimes?)

Almost a year ago, there was this wonderful event at Daytona road; Ford GT '06 with N3's. Really challenging and enjoyable event, but always empty.

Conversely, we could create our own parameters for power settings, gearing and final drive, similar to the old IROC series Porsche and Camaro races....

At least the physics would be more real in terms of tire usage...

Im not sure I share your view... I like S tires and R tires, but I despise N tires... this however could be down to my skill level though, but Ive never performed well on any N tires and I almost never ever use them unless I really have too (ie. event restrictions)... I also dont find S tires to be arcadey, R tires I can see as being arcadey, but N tires just feels like Im on ice in GT5:P with practically no grip... but again, I think this preference has more to do with my skill level then the realism of the tires...

The only reason I dislike N tyres is cause you have to drive with precaution, so to speak. It's kinda irritating, cause u really wanna see what the car can do, so S3 upto R3 is ideal.

In saying that, i'm sure there will be much more online events with better tyre restrictions, which would be kinda cool.

Also not long ago was a 3 Lapper i think in the GTLM Test car restricted to N tyres and again a very very poor turn out, seems like the majority of online racers don't find being pushed to their limits that enjoyable. Myself i thought it was a blast and got just as much fun out of watching thse who tried and failed by turn 1

Sounds fun, or should I say drifty :D

Well I tried the 512BB at Eiger on S1s and was good, couple of drifts every now and then but fun :crazy:

I understand you perfectly, but I think you are wrong.
Your say N tires and no tuning but that would cause the differences between drivers are bigger than now (all allowed), and slow drivers like me would be always the last.

I understand you perfectly, but I think you are wrong.
Your say N tires and no tuning but that would cause the differences between drivers are bigger than now (all allowed), and slow drivers like me would be always the last.

I disagree. The point is that "good/fast drivers" are probably "good tuners". So if a race allows any car/tune then the good tuners will be able to maximize the car to their driving skill/method. While the slower drivers (like me, but I'm improving) are not able to tune the car perfectly to their needs since they doesn't understand exactly how each parameter effect the car behavior.
I'm trying to get "tunes" from the net (gtplanet as well of course), when I'm doing so I feel I can race much faster with better tune that suit for me - But I don't know what exactly to change...

I think that N tyres are not a good choice for this kind of race. I wish there was some expert races with S3 (or R1) tyres only with No TUNE. This could be fun and equall...

I disagree. The point is that "good/fast drivers" are probably "good tuners". So if a race allows any car/tune then the good tuners will be able to maximize the car to their driving skill/method. While the slower drivers (like me, but I'm improving) are not able to tune the car perfectly to their needs since they doesn't understand exactly how each parameter effect the car behavior.
I'm trying to get "tunes" from the net (gtplanet as well of course), when I'm doing so I feel I can race much faster with better tune that suit for me - But I don't know what exactly to change...

I think that N tyres are not a good choice for this kind of race. I wish there was some expert races with S3 (or R1) tyres only with No TUNE. This could be fun and equall...

I think the same.
In the subject of tuning you are right, but that is not a problem because we all can find good setups here.
I refer to nurburgring says: "N tires only", I remember Suzuka-F430-N1 in that event I couldn't keep the car on the track and I was disqualified for to trample snails, lizards, beetles and other animals. I mean, if for example Chunkee_Monkey race against me, I have more chances to win (I know, this is impossible) with R or S tires.

In the reality every racer uses different set-up because everyone's driving style is different. Someone likes if the car understeered others like to use oversteered set-up ect..... So if you would like to be competitive you have to learn to set-up your car or you can use other's set-up.

Thanks to all for sharing your opinion ! :)

After reading your posts, I must admit that N tires are a little bit too much on cars that are powerful. These (super)cars are or were anyway equipped with grippier tires. But S3 or R1, R2 and R3 tires are defenitively in my opinion for racing cars only.

For the ones who are not comfortable with the ''no tuning policy'' that I would like to see in a good choice of Pro league race, I will simply say that all the opponents will drive the same car (like they have equal weapons), means that there will be very good chance that the ones who are no good or dont have time to play with the set up could be as good as or a lot better in comparison with the ones who can perfectly tune their cars (but wont be allowed to do it in that race)...

In the reality every racer uses different set-up because everyone's driving style is different. .

Just remember about the ''monotype'' cars races we can see in Europe. These races are so fun because no one can take a real advantage, everybody is together, excepted the ones who do big mistake !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ni32NyNAurw

Thanks to all to read my not-so-perfect-english... :nervous:

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back