When you first start!?

• Thread starter Picc84
  • 23 comments
AmuseR1
Ok, I have just started my new game in Gt, and I'am starting to have a horrible time. I have a Nissan Sylvia S14 Aero. and I cant get it to drift. Keep in mind, i just started the game, and have currently under 5k. so any tips? I read all the articals, but I just dont have the tourqe yet to do so... I'am trying to do the Sunday Cup a bunch of times, until I get enough cash for the upgrades I need to come within a mile of the racers in the FR cup. Once I get that far, any ideas on what I should do? I read all the articals, and all of them seem like there ment for people that are quite far in the game...

Please help!

Thank you all!,
-Picc

What I would do is get all your licenses first so you can enter different races. Get enough money to buy the VW HPA Golf in the tuner section, I think it costs like 30,000$, pretty cheap. Once you have that car go do the special conditions races. Do the race I think is call cittia di aria or something like that, its not a dirt track. do that race and you should get the toyota RSC rally raid car. Sell it. You get 350,000 something dollars. Go to the Drift settings thread, find one you think looks good and mod out your car. And then practice, practice, practice. I hope this helps:tup:

Thank You, thats totally diffrent than what I was thinking, but seems as if its a quite smart idea.... Thanks again

-Picc

uh...there are plenty of ways to get money in GT4. But if you just started playing the game then you need to learn the game. You are NOT going to be able to drift unless you have an understanding of how to drive in a regular fashion.

All the silvias can drift stock, so you don't need more power or the like. You need technique. Go back and re-read the drift reference and Ske's no drifting guide. That will help a lot.

Yea, I downloaded them, and printed them out, so I have been practicing... I cant do it with my silvia, although i'am getting good in arcade the the AE86... Is this good :/?

Umm, play Capri rally EASY, it's quite easy to play on. It's filled with wall-rideable walls (if you even want to go there). anyway, My point is you can win that really easily, because they tend to use really old cars like Renault 5, Toyota Celica (ST185 and ST205) and Audi Quattro. Win the races, get a Toyota RSC Rally Raid Car. It's pretty decent, I recommend taking this car and using it in capri rally if you want to get the same car to sell (265,624 Cr. value + 5,000 Cr each race).
Or if you want to save some time, go play in George Paris NORMAL. Yes I know it's 3 laps but you're able to finish faster. Also, you earn a different car: Renault 5 Maxi Turbo, it also sells for 265,624 Cr. and 10,000 Cr each Race. Therefore, you can play some of these tracks to earn money quicker in less time.

Picc84, what tyres are you using may I ask? If you haven't changed the tyres from the stock ones then buy N rated tyres, they're free :) also remember to take ALL of the aids off :)

I guess it is good but if you feel stronger in your hachi roku then go buy one from historic show room and just use your s14 for racing until you have enough money to buy a rx-7 fc3's or rx-7 fd3's " i'm not telling you to buy a mazda i'm just using as an example" and just move on from there that is what I did.
Oh and one more thing try n2 tyres to drift in and the Miata,Rx-7 fd3's and Rx-7 Fc3's are fun and enjoyable drift machine real easy.

Dude
You have a nice car
Just keep at it
I did with that same car I drifted around the round about in New York or something
I think you should do what everyone else says though
Win that rally raid car
Don't sell it right away
Race a few races with it
then sell it
but don't use N type tires
trust me R1's or R3's expensive but you will have the money soon.
Its all about the settings and technique
I did just fine witha few simple settings and alot of practice
Good luck
Oh, if you can get a video of you drifting
Send it to me
I wana see how you are

go to the drift settings depot and see if they got your car settings, and be patience and get enough credits to buy parts; but hey, I didn't start out good either, just stick with the car u have, besides, i have a Rx-7 Bathrust type R. This article said it couldn't drift because it oversteers so much! But I fixed it by using a preset settings for it, stiffen suspension, and increase the torque in the limited-slip (which all FD were lacking)

What does that mean
Like the actual defenition
or does it just mean Trueno or something

It's the 1980s Trueno/Levin GT (the RWD Corollas). AE86 is the chassis type, and "hachi roku" is just japanese for "eighty six".

Also good to know (I didn't) is FC and FD. These are Mazda RX-7s.. the FC models are the smaller, more angular models from the mid 80's to 1990, the FD models are the rounded-body RX7s from 1991 onwards. The description in-game should say (FC) or (FD), but it's nice to know anyway ;)

It does not mean eighty six, just eight six.

eighty six would be ju-hachi roku.

just correcting you Ske, no harm intended.👍

wow, someone brought this thread back from the dead. i thought it was a new thread until you said something about it.

negative. you do not need much of any power to drift, and you certainly dont need toe to drift.

stock silvias are driftable, you need practice.

Just a simple question Suzuki, which drift techniques can be used on stocked silvia? I have most of the silvia, but i can say that drifting them aren't as easy as it on an Amuse S2000 R1. For my techniques (normally brakes then feint), i guess i need at least some power on the car to push it through the corners. But I'm keen on drifting an silvia. Silvias are nice cars!!!

They are nice, but I agree. It seems like i do need power to drift. Whenever i get a Silvia into a drift, the RMP's drop and i slide out... (when you start sliding 90* (totally sideways, not good))

Back