When you respray a car... ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter thomZ
  • 12 comments
  • 2,188 views
Messages
61
Belgium
Belgium
Messages
BinasGaming
Hi, I've a question about repraying cars.

I resprayed my Camaro with a nice "Pearl Yellow". It worked perfectly and the car kept its nice black bands.

Then I tried to respray a Shelby Cobra in a better color. The car also had some nice band, but once resprayed, they disappeared...

Do you know how it works ? Why sometimes the vinyl disappear, and sometimes it stays on the car ?

Thanks.
 
Some paint codes have the racing stripes in the code.
 
The new Camaro always has stripes when you paint it a color.
For example I paint a lot of my cars TVR Reflex Purple and they never have stripes but the Camaro did.
I guess some cars are just like that and some aren't.
 
On some cars, the stripes are part of the car (Camaro, Ford GT, Ferrari 430 Scuderia) and on some, they're part of the paint (Cobra, Viper, C5 Corvette).
 
Ya it's so stupid how sometimes they disappear and other times they dont
 
I agree with the above. It is a little strange at times, and unwanted. Something else that I found odd, when you change the color on some cars, the color of the interior also changes. I had the Ferrari California, that I won as a prize car, and it was green with a tan interior. I didn't like the green, but thought it would look sexy white, with a tan interior. Guess what, the interior changed to black when I painted it white. I didn't want that, but I can't control it either, which is something that I think we should have control over.
 
yellowclone
I agree with the above. It is a little strange at times, and unwanted. Something else that I found odd, when you change the color on some cars, the color of the interior also changes. I had the Ferrari California, that I won as a prize car, and it was green with a tan interior. I didn't like the green, but thought it would look sexy white, with a tan interior. Guess what, the interior changed to black when I painted it white. I didn't want that, but I can't control it either, which is something that I think we should have control over.

I had mines in red with tan interior, I also painted it in White, and the tan interior stayed for mine.
 
I had mines in red with tan interior, I also painted it in White, and the tan interior stayed for mine.

Thanks for the tip. I will buy one in red, and see if I can get the tan interior with white. It could have possibly been the white I used though. I think mine was Champion White from Honda. Which white did you use?
 
Ya certain interiors change colors, but the stripes also change colors. I wanted a black 2011 Camaro with white stripes and the stupid dealership offers black and white stripes for everything expect for black. Than you get gray stripes. I choose a white with black stripes and those side stripes and painted it black later and it got rid of the side strip but turned the two hood/roof ones white.
 
From my experience you never really know if they'll disappear or not.
 
yellowclone
Thanks for the tip. I will buy one in red, and see if I can get the tan interior with white. It could have possibly been the white I used though. I think mine was Champion White from Honda. Which white did you use?

I painted mine a Ferrari White, (as I try and keep the car original so use the car brands colours) its called Bianco Avus.
 
I noticed also on the HPA TT that the decals change colour, when I wanted to paint mines black from orange, the black decals changed to silver so they were still visible. (I didn't want decals as I like my cars simple and anonymous.)
 
Back