Where are you all going to race on this update? [01/08/08]

• Thread starter Zetec-ss
  • 21 comments

Where are you all going to race on this update?

• Total voters
GTP_Sarlech
STD
Intermediate Level PP700 Suzuka (No tire restrictions-16 Players)
Intermediate Level PP800 High Speed Ring (No tire restrictions-12 Players)

PRO
Expert Level PP600 Daytona Speedway (No tire restrictions-16 players)
Expert Levelpp750 Fuji Speedway F (No tire restrictions-12 players)
Expert Level F430/GT-R/Z06 High Speed Ring (Tire Restrictions-S3-16 Players)

well i've tried all 3 now...and HSR is miles ahead of the others in my opinion...it's literally impossible to cheat on there. racing is quick an fun but that main thing is the amount of forum members i have seen on there...i have seen AVF and PSR3 (loads of them) GTK, GT5net, most of the races i have just had, had roughly 80% filled with Clean Team Racers.

we were running every 10mins.

so for this atleast i will be sticking at HSR

Yep, HSR definetly looks the best fro a good race, not too technical but defeintly a good race.

I don't like any of them, the Z06/GTR/F430 race would have been good if it wasn't on HSR, Daytona speedway 600PP would have been good if it was on the road course version and Fuji would have been good if it was 600PP :(

Definitely HSR, in my Z06. Fuji is punter heaven, and the cars are rather disappointing these days. (280kw in the Tuned Corvette?:odd:). But now with the new penalties system, HSR is very fun to actually race people on.(Nothing wrong with the track itself before). I have only been nudged once (lightly, easily recovered), and haven't seen a single person wall ride for more than the first corner before realising it won't work for them, and reverting to clean racing! Not to mention I can take the Z06 to the GTR and F430 finally.:)

HSR was clearly the track that had most to gain from the new rules. Raced there for about three hours and only one or two racers that was a wee bit to aggressive and pushed me into walls and armcos. The good thing is that on several occasions, it was easy to recover, due to the changed physics. I did some mistakes and I hope I didn't ruin anybody's race.

Last edited:
HSR was clearly the track that had most to gain from the new rules. Raced there for about three hours and only one or two racers that was a wee bit to aggressive and pushed me into walls and armcos. The good thing is that on several occasions, it was easy to recover, due to the changed physics. I did some mistakes and I hope I didn't ruin anybody's race.

Hey saw you racing late last night ;) good racer btw people from now on i'll be using the ID GTP_Marky264 i'll be racing on the Expert Level F430/GT-R/Z06 High Speed Ring (Tire Restrictions-S3-16 Players)
My favorite atm andi have had raced with some really good people so far, Havent seen that much bashing and messing about which is good lol hope to race with some of you people soon!

Thank you for the praise, I'm usually one of the slower drivers around. To bad PD only allow us 5 laps, I would want at least 10.

Especially when you drive a Corvette, and start last. Makes it hard to catch up within 5 laps. But I'm just happy to drive my Corvette now that it's actually as fast as it's meant to be.:)

Definitely HSR, in my Z06. Fuji is punter heaven, and the cars are rather disappointing these days. (280kw in the Tuned Corvette?:odd:). But now with the new penalties system, HSR is very fun to actually race people on.(Nothing wrong with the track itself before). I have only been nudged once (lightly, easily recovered), and haven't seen a single person wall ride for more than the first corner before realising it won't work for them, and reverting to clean racing! Not to mention I can take the Z06 to the GTR and F430 finally.:)
yeh you are pretty quick in the Z06, i've been taking on most of them in the Z06. i don't if you remember the race we had.

So far I've only done the GTR vs F430 vs Z06, but I think I'll be spending most my time there because I'm really not a fan of the PP system. I do plan on popping in at Daytona for some good slipstreaming battles.

Fuji...... and F430/GTR/Z06 @ HSR........... i'll also do a bit of TT work at Eiger, as i'm gonna force myself to learn the idiosyncrasies of that hillside climb..

I can't believe Fuji is winning, it's the worst track on the game (bar the Oval), and it is an absolute punter fest. Race at HSR guys, it's the event that doesn't suck.:P

I can't believe Fuji is winning, it's the worst track on the game (bar the Oval), and it is an absolute punter fest. Race at HSR guys, it's the event that doesn't suck.:P

Fuji doesnt suck, the newbie drivers that try and race it do.

Yes, I'll say it. I will mainly be at the Oval, but with a few visits to the others. I had a break and tried a few races at Fuji on the weekend. I like Fuji but I always find those International events more like a demolition derby. I did catch Holden doing well there though. 👍

There's just something about the subtlety and strategey of oval racing that really appeals to me. Even in TOCA3 I probably raced the ovals more than anything else, except perhaps Bathurst, so for me, really good to see 600pp back, and I hope its followed by 750pp next update like last time. I look forward to you popping in too Ardius, it would be great to try another 512 vs Jaguar matchup with the new physics. An even greater variety of cars seem competive there now.

Anyhow, for those still suffering from Suzuka withdrawal, pop in to Daytona at xx:10, xx:20 etc. Some of us GTPers are having some great races there. One race we were 1st, 2nd, 3rd about 6 secs ahead of the rest. :)

I like Suzuka. getting on track again after being punted is faster now.
HSR is nice too. Daytone is not bad either, but there i'm still trying to find the right car and setup.

Grtz

Bryan

Back